IGNORED

Retail hell (The EB years) - Sega Dreamcast and the hell of 9/9/99

RSS Bot

So, I was at EB Games a mere month and I had my first system release...the mighty and lovable Sega Dreamcast! Just before the debut, I had my first EB Managers meeting in Orlando, FL at the Disney Swan hotel. Alcohol and free swag! Yes, various video game companies, shower me with gifts and t-shirts!!! Anyways, the first day went relatively easy except for that pesky Midway games problems that none of them would work in the system and later released with "HOT! NEW!" stickers. I had 100 Dreamcasts in stock with about 20 pre-orders since the previous managerial staff were fools and took no pre-orders. I happened to sell though them all since on new systems days, managers work "iron man" shifts (opening to closing for you non retail cats) and got the call from my DM at 6pm to his incredulousness and asked how I did it. "Ummm...the staff and I just told people Dreamcast was awesome". What a lovely day. None of the problems that...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/blog/379/entry-7248-sega-dreamcast-and-the-hell-of-9999/