IGNORED

Austin's Blog - Jaguar Front Page News (JFPN) - A Retrospective view of my effort to re-design it in 2001

RSS Bot

Once in a blue moon I have the urge to go back and look at the old web sites I designed in the past. I no longer design sites these days, but back in the mid to late '90s, and the very early '00s, I spent quite a bit of time doing so. Over the weekend I came across my re-design for Jagman's "Jaguar Front Page News" website. Since I'm pretty much a regular here these days, I thought this would be an appropriate place to write about my experience with this. Hopefully it's at least a mildly interesting read!

Anyway, going all the way back to my beginnings, in about 8th grade or so I learned HTML through a friend. Together we joined together and made our own crappy little site based around one or two specific gaming topics. We loaded the pages with way too many grainy images that took forever for people to load on 28k modems, and god did they look terrible. Regardless, the internet and HTML in general was new and unique to us back then (circa '95 or...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/blog/344/entry-7296-jaguar-front-page-news-jfpn-a-retrospective-view-of-my-effort-to-re-design-it-in-2001/