IGNORED

Wall Ball

thegamezmaster

Wall Ball for whatever reason does not bring alot of demand. I agree it's worth about $10 and before too long it pops up for $20 or less on Ebay. I really do love the game though (but the sound when you miss can cause a nervous breakdown if repeated enough)

Is this game really rare and expensive? Was looking on ebay and coouldn't believe the price of some of these auctions. Any one know?

Wall Ball Atari 2600 Vintage Avalon Hills Very Rare: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3101925739481?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=310192573948&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Thanks.icon_question.gif

You used the word "auctions", but those aren't auctions, they are Buy-It-Now's. Seller's BIN prices very often have no bearing on reality, but of course if you go into a game store or someone lists something on CL, they will often say "look at what they're GOING FOR on ebay!". They're NOT "going for" that, they're sitting there for that!

Sorry about the misuse of the term auction and buy it now, but was in too much a state of shock when I saw that.

Yeah, I wasn't criticizing you, but rather the idiots with high BIN's that mess everything up for a lot of us collectors.

Sorry about the misuse of the term auction and buy it now, but was in too much a state of shock when I saw that.

Yeah, I wasn't criticizing you, but rather the idiots with high BIN's that mess everything up for a lot of us collectors.

Oh sorry so-and-so is such an idiot...can't wait to bring him face to face with you to speak with him - and yes I already asked...its a dude

Oh sorry so-and-so is such an idiot...can't wait to bring him face to face with you to speak with him - and yes I already asked...its a dude

I am calling him an idiot to. You can bring so and so to meet me face to face any time. :ponder:

:? WTF? This is a really bizarre post. I'm honestly not sure what to really think of it. Or why you would think I would care about any of this. Or why anyone else would. Or especially why you would. :roll:

The people that do it for the sake of drawing attention to their other auctions... okay, whatever, though I think that does some damage too, but not nearly so much as the idiots who constantly list BIN's for stuff at 10x it's normal selling price, those are the ones doing the real damage. If anyone has a problem with my opinion on that, so be it. I don't care.

That's what I thought. Here's another auction that's even more!

WALL BALL & MANUAL VERY RARE 7 ATARI 2600:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1105571656811?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110557165681&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Thanks for the reply.

Does the price include the vader and tv - perhaps the tv is rare.

I think the old saying is true - 'Things are only worth what people will pay for them.' I have something that is rare worth about £140 - £150 but if I put it on Ebay and it goes for £10 then that's how much it's worth. But I would keep away from any seller who states that something is 'VERY RARE'.

Is there any legal definition to the thrase 'very rare'? Or is like 'better value' just a matter of opinion?

icon_confused.gif WTF? This is a really bizarre post. I'm honestly not sure what to really think of it. Or why you would think I would care about any of this. Or why anyone else would. Or especially why you would. icon_rolleyes.gif

The people that do it for the sake of drawing attention to their other auctions... okay, whatever, though I think that does some damage too, but not nearly so much as the idiots who constantly list BIN's for stuff at 10x it's normal selling price, those are the ones doing the real damage. If anyone has a problem with my opinion on that, so be it. I don't care.

Sorry if I caused anyone problems. Those weren't my auctions. I found them on ebay and thought the people here might get a good lauch at them.

Sorry if I caused anyone problems. Those weren't my auctions. I found them on ebay and thought the people here might get a good lauch at them.

You didn't cause any problems or do anything wrong. Someone is either just getting a wild hair up you-know-where or are joking around, I'm not sure which, but it doesn't matter. :thumbsup:

Er.... the reasoning behind that is apparently that "Those kind of threads belong into the "marketplace auctions" forum", and I can't imagine that these particular auctions do.

Yes, this does belong in the auction subforum, as this thread is discussing auctions.