IGNORED

Silver trim on 7800 controller?

NeilTheDruid

Hi chaps,

I have a couple of the PAL 7800 pads, that I am fixing up. I am wondering what the little Atari logo on the controller is finished with because most of the silver has come off. I was thinking maybe I could use some kind of silver leaf. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can emulate that effect? Yeah, I know, it sounds pretty neurotic but I like things to look good if I've spent some time restoring them.

Cheers :) :thumbsup:

Foil Stamping method.

Hi chaps,

I have a couple of the PAL 7800 pads, that I am fixing up. I am wondering what the little Atari logo on the controller is finished with because most of the silver has come off. I was thinking maybe I could use some kind of silver leaf. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can emulate that effect? Yeah, I know, it sounds pretty neurotic but I like things to look good if I've spent some time restoring them.

Cheers :) :thumbsup:

Let us know how that works (skeptical because it is cheap) that could be a good item to use on future projects.

Yeah, I will. I was kinda thinking the same, especially as the machines on ebay start in the £200 range. It does say it's suitable for plastic though, so I think I'll get it and see how it goes.