IGNORED

Games that should have been

tz101

1. Crystal Castles, would have been sweet with the trak ball controller.

2. Galaga, why Galaxian made it to the Super System, but not this awesome follow up

3. Enduro, the best racer for VCS would have been a nice addition to the 5200

4. Stargate, they released Defender, but not the better sequel, why not?

5. Donkey Kong, I know that Coleco had console rights, but it would have been awesome on 5200

2. Galaga, why Galaxian made it to the Super System, but not this awesome follow up

5. Donkey Kong, I know that Coleco had console rights, but it would have been awesome on 5200

i assume for #1 they jsut didnt think it was popular enough

#2 it wasnt made for the atari computer so they had nothing to work with same with #3

for #4 stargate i guess they figured a defender is enough and put resources toward more different games

and #5 you figured that out the conneticut leather company and nintendo were at war with atari

You can download Crystal Castles & Donkey Kong here, and Stargate here for the 5200. All hosted here at AtariAge.

EDIT: There is a thread of most conversions here

-Jeff

Enduro was made by Activision, so all you would have gotten was the 2600 version with slightly more elaborate backgrounds. Galaga was never released on Atari XE platform, so it can't be converted.
Galactic Chase, a Galaga clone, was converted for the 5200. For some reason I can't find the link online, but this is what it looks like.

EDIT: Sorry I am thinking of Galaxian. (slow start to the brain this morning)

-Jeff

Enduro was made by Activision, so all you would have gotten was the 2600 version with slightly more elaborate backgrounds. Galaga was never released on Atari XE platform, so it can't be converted.

Activision made "The Great American Cross-Country Road Race" for the 8-bits. It had a lot of new features, but it was basically an updated version of Enduro. They could have ported that, would have made a nice addition to the 5200 library.