IGNORED

I need a 5200 Commando!

eightbit

I recently saw footage of a released Atari 8-bit prototype of the game which looked pretty damn good. This would be absolutely awesome as a cartridge release for the 5200. At least I think so :) It was one of those games I grew up with on multiple platforms....and eventually on the 7800 and the NES. But, I would just love a nice big ol' Commando cart for the 5200 with a large full color label...as well of course to play it on the 5200! What do you guys think?

Commando needs at least 64K IIRC. There's no way it could fit on the 5200.

Tempest

Don't forget that the 5200 can address 32K of cartridge ROM, while it has 16K of RAM built in. IIRC, the 7800 Commando cart has some helper chips on it (maybe a POKEY and some RAM?), but I doubt that there's more than 16K of RAM on the cartridge. The 7800 itself only has 4K of RAM built in, but it can address 48K of cartridge ROM. If required, a 5200 cart could use bank switching to make up that difference.

Given that, it is conceivable that a 5200 version could be created.

So I guess it's time for the OP to break out the books and start banging out some code. ;)