IGNORED

Record Price for Deadly Duck

hhwolfman

Am I missing something here??? $35 Game goes For $103. :ponder:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2805519720131?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280551972013&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

There has to be something special about it. Tony never pays that high. :P

Well, it is minty-fresh, but geez, it's maybe R4. I guess it's possible that a game could / should have a different rarity factor loose or in the box. For instance, the rarity of a Genesis game in a clamshell compared to a loose cartidge would be nearly the same, because the case was durable and nice to display. A cardboard box for a 2600 or NES game would get beat up and be discarded, making the box rarer. I don't know, but to be honest, I have seen loads of Deadly Duck carts and I had never seen this box before. Morgan

Am I missing something here??? $35 Game goes For $103. :ponder:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2805519720131?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280551972013&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

There has to be something special about it. Tony never pays that high. :P

Well, it is minty-fresh, but geez, it's maybe R4. I guess it's possible that a game could / should have a different rarity factor loose or in the box. For instance, the rarity of a Genesis game in a clamshell compared to a loose cartidge would be nearly the same, because the case was durable and nice to display. A cardboard box for a 2600 or NES game would get beat up and be discarded, making the box rarer. I don't know, but to be honest, I have seen loads of Deadly Duck carts and I had never seen this box before. Morgan

I see one on my shelf every day. :P I don't think I have ever seen that manual before though. Mine is the standard blue. :ponder:

If you have been looking for something for a long (long, long, long) time, then you realize how rare it is. First, you have to know that it exists before you know how rare it is. This is the final "USA" box I needed to complete the mini-set of 4 original FOX/Sirius releases. The original releases were all made in USA with corresponding USA manual and USA box. Try to find a photo anywhere (or even mention) that USA boxes exist for the titles other than Worm War 1.

FWIW, it was a satisfying August searching ebay. First I found the white Frogs 'n Flies variant to complete the INTV releases (long long long long long long long long long long time), and now the elusive Deadly Duck box. Ahhhh.

If you have been looking for something for a long (long, long, long) time, then you realize how rare it is. First, you have to know that it exists before you know how rare it is. This is the final "USA" box I needed to complete the mini-set of 4 original FOX/Sirius releases. The original releases were all made in USA with corresponding USA manual and USA box. Try to find a photo anywhere (or even mention) that USA boxes exist for the titles other than Worm War 1.

FWIW, it was a satisfying August searching ebay. First I found the white Frogs 'n Flies variant to complete the INTV releases (long long long long long long long long long long time), and now the elusive Deadly Duck box. Ahhhh.

I didn't see that Frogs 'n Flies until after the auction ended. I contacted the seller to make sure that the buyer had paid (no I wasn't looking to outbid the winner but sometimes buyers don't pay). Had I asked HHW who won the auction I wouldn't have contacted the seller. I did send a message to another AtariAge member to see if he had won it since he has been looking for it forever.

I didn't see that Frogs 'n Flies until after the auction ended. I contacted the seller to make sure that the buyer had paid (no I wasn't looking to outbid the winner but sometimes buyers don't pay). Had I asked HHW who won the auction I wouldn't have contacted the seller. I did send a message to another AtariAge member to see if he had won it since he has been looking for it forever.

I was very nervous whether or not Frogs would ever show up on my doorstep (it did). I paid immediately after the auction and it took over a week for it to arrive. (Hint: never announce a great ebay find until after it is in your possession.)

It took a while to find this post:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/66937-boxed-fast-eddie-30-bin-3-shipping-on-ebay/

That was when I found the USA box for Fast Eddie. That was over five years ago, and some thought I overpaid for that one too. Since that time, I have seen one other Fast Eddie USA box, zero Beany Bopper USA, and one Deadly Duck USA. The rarest Sears boxes are easier to find than these.

Great finds Tony, congrats!icon_thumbsup.gif

First, you have to know that it exists before you know how rare it is.

Man, I have a lot of Box Variants, but you are hardcore. As you stated, you have to know it exist. That is what is so good about AA. Learn something new every day. I will have to keep an Eye out for these now. I forgot about the Frogs and Flies. :x I have been rather busy this month. Great Score none the less. :thumbsup:

First, you have to know that it exists before you know how rare it is.

Man, I have a lot of Box Variants, but you are hardcore. As you stated, you have to know it exist. That is what is so good about AA. Learn something new every day.

Every Sirius title has two different releases.

Nothing new about that.

This Deadly Duck is the U.S. run and indeed rarer than the Taiwanese version.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Hmm, I did not know that this Deadly Duck variant was in such demand. I have one that I could part with... I also have some INTV white label carts which I'll let go as well. Now I have not looked at these in awhile so I forget how many of them I have. I'm going to check them out now!

I don't see where you are getting that there is a lot of demand for it. It is apparently pretty rare, but only a handful of hardcore variant collectors are probably interested. If you are looking to sell you should contact the Ebay seller and try to find out who is the 2nd highest bidder.

Hmm, I did not know that this Deadly Duck variant was in such demand. I have one that I could part with... I also have some INTV white label carts which I'll let go as well. Now I have not looked at these in awhile so I forget how many of them I have. I'm going to check them out now!

I don't see where you are getting that there is a lot of demand for it. It is apparently pretty rare, but only a handful of hardcore variant collectors are probably interested. If you are looking to sell you should contact the Ebay seller and try to find out who is the 2nd highest bidder.

Well I should have said, I didn't realize there were a couple of people on here looking for it. It is a part of my collection so I'm not really looking to sell it, but if I got a nice offer I'd let it go as I am not hardcore collecting like I used to.

I also checked my white labels & I am missing Frogs & Flies too along with Space Attack, I have the rest of them. I did see a white label Space Attack on ebay once so I know it's out there :ponder:

This Deadly Duck is similar to Track & Field. Without a box, an auction might go for $10. The label variation is not that tough to find. It's all about the box.

Rom, how many of the USA boxes do you have on atarimania for these Sirius releases?

Good point.

Only Worm War I.

Cart scans are easier to find than US box scans.

8)

• 2 weeks later...