IGNORED

This controller...

tz101

I was digging through all my old PC controllers I've picked up over the years, when I was surprised to come upon this:

post-23487-128398890931_thumb.jpg post-23487-128398893872_thumb.jpg

It has switch-based sensors for the directional control, and works great with every game I threw at it, including Popeye and Frogger that caused problems with all my other PC controllers. Sweet!

I think I picked it up at a thrift store about a year ago for only $5 (the price sticker is still on it). Like-new condition too.

I was digging through all my old PC controllers I've picked up over the years, when I was surprised to come upon this:

It has switch-based sensors for the directional control, and works great with every game I threw at it, including Popeye and Frogger that caused problems with all my other PC controllers. Sweet!

I think I picked it up at a thrift store about a year ago for only $5 (the price sticker is still on it). Like-new condition too.

Is that a standard DB15-based PC joystick? It seems to have more buttons, but perhaps they are redundant if using the same pinouts as gameport.

glad you found one that works ok i cant remember did the adapter have red capacitors or blue capacitors?

cause this is going to sound really weird but my first batch or adapters i made with blue capacitors and the latest batch i was making with red ones and they are both 224 .22Uf but with the same stick and different adaptors i get different centers on missile command

i just swear all my stuff is haunted

ps i'm a bit of a how does it work buff coulod you tell me what the manual says the buttons are

i know the standard is 4 buttons and 4 axis and some 6 buttons controllers use buttons 1,2,3,4 and uses joy x and y for a buttons but what are the other 2 buttons?

or are they 1,2,3,4 and turbo/rapid fire 1,2,3,4

you cant really use joy 2s up down left and right for buttons cause if you hit left and right at the same time it cancels out

Edited by bohoki

Is that a standard DB15-based PC joystick? It seems to have more buttons, but perhaps they are redundant if using the same pinouts as gameport.

Y, regular 15 pin gameport, there are 8 buttons, plus four auto-fire buttons at the bottom. I have never used it with a PC game to know how all the buttons function.

glad you found one that works ok i cant remember did the adapter have red capacitors or blue capacitors?

cause this is going to sound really weird but my first batch or adapters i made with blue capacitors and the latest batch i was making with red ones and they are both 224 .22Uf but with the same stick and different adaptors i get different centers on missile command

i just swear all my stuff is haunted

Looks like I got blue caps on mine. Does it make a difference?

As soon as I get a little more cash, I will be ordering another adapter cable.