IGNORED

7800 video mod - Which One?

PSW

I would've tried swapping that brightness-controlling resistor if I were having brightness issues, but I didn't have the best results with that mod myself. Be glad you didn't remove & discard the RF modulator I guess.

I removed the rf unit on 1 and kept it on the other. The only thing I can think may be the issue is that I used a 2n3904 instead of a 2n2222 transistor. At first I thought it may have been my tv but my flashback 2 display is crystal clear.

Thanks for all the help but gave up with the 2 modded systems and just gonna get myself a tv that will play an unmodded system.

Get yourself a 20 dollar vcr and plug in with the coax to rca adapter, ditch the factory atari cable and go to a high quality one, and then from your vcr to your tv or surround, it works great no soldering and you can also have it ready to play all your fav vhs tapes!! :P

Our local goodwill is 45 miles away lol

Dont you guys have any pawn shops or online for sale sites that locally sell used stuff, I can find about ten of them for 5 each bucks online. Maybe a beta or laser disc machine, whatever works.

Maybe where I live time has stood still for 20 years.