IGNORED

Wico keypad

Brian R.

I have a Wico controller for my 5200, and right now one 5200 controller that has - thank goodness - a working start button.

Rather than put money into a rebuilt, is there any way or anywhere to get the keypad?

I saw one on eBay recently that sold for just under $50. Should've bid, but it wasn't on my mind then. Haven't seen any others listed, nor come across any place else to get one.

Any ideas? Or better, sellers?

I have a Wico controller for my 5200, and right now one 5200 controller that has - thank goodness - a working start button.

Rather than put money into a rebuilt, is there any way or anywhere to get the keypad?

I saw one on eBay recently that sold for just under $50. Should've bid, but it wasn't on my mind then. Haven't seen any others listed, nor come across any place else to get one.

A cheaper solution than Wico keypad is the Atari 2600 touchpad; if you want that pmail me, I have the adapter that will allow you to use the touchpad with your Atari 5200 along with the Wico joystick. It maps the center column of 2,5,8 to start, pause, reset and the rest of the numbers are same as Atari 5200 keypad. It hasn't failed me yet unlike the stock A5200 controller keypads. If you want I can send you the adapter and touchpad for $10 + shipping.

A cheaper solution than Wico keypad is the Atari 2600 touchpad; if you want that pmail me, I have the adapter that will allow you to use the touchpad with your Atari 5200 along with the Wico joystick. It maps the center column of 2,5,8 to start, pause, reset and the rest of the numbers are same as Atari 5200 keypad. It hasn't failed me yet unlike the stock A5200 controller keypads. If you want I can send you the adapter and touchpad for $10 + shipping.

You mean the one used with Star Raiders? Yeah, I have at least one of those, if not more. I'd absolutely be interested in knowing more about that!

You mean the one used with Star Raiders? Yeah, I have at least one of those, if not more. I'd absolutely be interested in knowing more about that!

Here's a picture of the adapter: http://www.krishnasoft.com/a5200dja.jpg

That maps the star raiders touchpad to the A5200 keypad using one of the DB9 connector (one marked P2). You can plug the DB15 connector into the Wico Y cable where you normally plug the A5200 joystick. Although many buttons of the touchpad work just by direct plug-in, if you remove the resistors inside the touchpad, they will all work perfectly.

yep you just cut one leg of one resistor in the video touchpad,basic keyboard,kids controller and that isolates the columns otherwise the atari five thousand two hundred sees you pressing star as pressing star and zero

i use the kids controller cause it has the numbers printed on the buttons

DCP_7679.jpg

Yeah, the kids controller, keyboard controller, and touchpad controller all have the same pinouts. The kids controller's keys are easier to press and readable except that 2 key will be start, 5 key will be pause, and 8 key will be reset.