IGNORED

7800 joy pad

KiwiGamer

hi all

i own a 7800 control pad that im using for my 2600.

i have a problem with the d pad on it, it appears that the d pad gets stuck under the circular hole that is cut for the d pad itself, it mostly happens with left and right but sometimes happens with up and down.

were these controllers originally doing this? or is there something i can do to fix it? real annoying when im playing river raid with a mammoth score and the d pad gets stuck on "right" and i hit a wall :(

hi all

i own a 7800 control pad that im using for my 2600.

i have a problem with the d pad on it, it appears that the d pad gets stuck under the circular hole that is cut for the d pad itself, it mostly happens with left and right but sometimes happens with up and down.

were these controllers originally doing this? or is there something i can do to fix it? real annoying when im playing river raid with a mammoth score and the d pad gets stuck on "right" and i hit a wall :(

I have 2 of these. One of them works perfectly. The other gets caught like you describe. The silver on the Atari logo is worn on the one that gets caught while the good one looks brand new. This leads me to believe they must simply wear out.

This goes back to what I talked about in another thread recently here. The silicone contact buttons inside these controllers are too tall, so you have to push way too far down to make proper contact. But the plastic d-pad and buttons have a tendency to slide under the top cover of the controller and get stuck, especially when the silicone inside starts to show it's age/wear and lose some of it's springiness. These controllers are terribly designed. They were yet another haphazardly fashioned attempt to jump back into the gaming market when the focus on home computers only failed.

Edited by Underball