IGNORED

more pc joys adapted to 5200

bohoki

since my last batch went over decent

i once again offer pc joysticks with adapters that have start buttons

DCP_8897.jpg

$25 each shipped in continental usa

yes i'm even offering up the awesome pole position wheel controller even though its usefulness is not very good other than gorf,superbreakout,kaboom,space invaders,galaxian,buck rogers,river raid) ive also used it with moon patrol

any questions?

i'll be back with more description

Edited by bohoki

I have the white one with the gray handle that is in the center of your photo. It does not work well with most of my games though.

did you use the calibration dials to center it with missile command?

That's one thing I noticed with PC joysticks, they have calibration stuff whereas Atari 5200 joysticks use no calibration but still seem to center pretty good although the buttons are low-quality.

I have the white one with the gray handle that is in the center of your photo. It does not work well with most of my games though.

did you use the calibration dials to center it with missile command?

That's one thing I noticed with PC joysticks, they have calibration stuff whereas Atari 5200 joysticks use no calibration but still seem to center pretty good although the buttons are low-quality.

yea most pc joysticks are made as cheaply as can possibly work also that a 5200 stick has a range of 0-500k and center is anywhere between 200k and 300k

a pc joysitck has a range of 0-100 k and center is anywhere between 45-55k its a bit more fiddley

and pc computers were not a standard speed so there was lots of variables

I bought an adapter with a PC joystick off of ebay. Fire button works, but in Missile command, everything goes to the right and sticks there. How do you calibrate? Or is it just broken?

generally when things go down and right it means the plug got unplugged a little first off make sure it is plugged in firmly and there is no strain on the cord

(with missile command,superbreakout,kaboom,gorf or starwars)

then leaving the joystick alone turn it on then press start

while the game is playing move the joytick in a circle then let it snap back to center see where the cursor is

use the adjusters on the stick to make it where you want it to be(up down isnt easy with supbreakout,gorf,kaboom)

if all else fails then check the joystick on a pc gameport

things do break a wire could break in the cord a wire could desolder inside

the adapter wires could break with excessive flexing

Working now. I did a dumb dyslexia thing with the calibration wheels on the joystick.

i hear ya they put those things everywhere top, sides, bottom and sometimes its clockwise=right sometimes its reverse

the one that bugs me is the lower left gravis it doesn't have calibration adjusters so it is perpetually a tad to the left and up

which is only annoying in starwars and missile command

Working now. I did a dumb dyslexia thing with the calibration wheels on the joystick.

i hear ya they put those things everywhere top, sides, bottom and sometimes its clockwise=right sometimes its reverse

the one that bugs me is the lower left gravis it doesn't have calibration adjusters so it is perpetually a tad to the left and up

I prefer PC joysticks with hard-to-adjust calibrators. You hate to start a game with doubts as to whether the joystick is calibrated or not. The gravis joystick with screw type adjusters within the holes that are hard to get to unless you use a screwdriver are good.

I prefer PC joysticks with hard-to-adjust calibrators. You hate to start a game with doubts as to whether the joystick is calibrated or not. The gravis joystick with screw type adjusters within the holes that are hard to get to unless you use a screwdriver are good.

yea i liked that one it was really dialed in but it kind of feels slightly cheap with the little foam handle

• 2 weeks later...

I threw away all my PC analog controllers a long time ago. I do have a ton of 2 button analog controllers for the TRS-80 Color Computer. (Tandy 1000 also). I'd like an adapter to use those if its possible.

TandyJoystickTopLarge.jpg

i dont like saying anything is impossible but i think they use the pots backwards like atari paddles like right/down = 0 resistance left/up = maximum resistance

and i do not have a sample to test i would not even attempt

also those pots in there are really jittery anyway