IGNORED

A Ramblin' Man - Musings on Current-Gen Games

RSS Bot

So I've been spending some quality time with some old friends lately. These friends have stood by me through thick and thin, good times and bad times, and even when I abandoned them for a season, they were waiting at the front door with a plate of cookies when I returned to them. These friends are none other then the glory games of old, the great-grandfathers of modern gaming. Titles such as Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Country, Contra, Legend of Zelda, and Final Fantasy. Games with vivid characters, wild storylines, and fantastic adventures that took you on epic quests that grabbed weeks from your life. Games that seized your mind and transported you to a different land where you were the hero. Yes, these were the games of old, where 16-bit graphics and 4-button controllers somehow held our attention for hours upon hours, where homework lay by the wayside, and nothing in the world could pull us away from our treasured games. These were happy days, days where the world was...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/blog/394/entry-7460-musings-on-current-gen-games/