IGNORED

Centipede

walter_J64bit

Locks up, as in no movement onscreen and no response to trak-ball inputs? Mine works great, so I am guessing that it has something to do with a controller port on your 5200 console. Does the Centipede game work fine with a regular 5200 joystick? If so, then maybe that rules out a faulty controller port.

Does that trak-ball work fine with other games? Say Missile Command?

Edited by tz101

OK, with Missile Command I can't start the game with the trak-ball :? if I start the game with a joystick I can unplug joystick than plug in the trak-ball with the game running I can use the trak-ball :? I tried this with Centipede I can't move at all but I can shot. :ponder: I played Realsports Tennis the trak-ball runs just fine? :? I think it might be the trak-ball. :sad:

OK, with Missile Command I can't start the game with the trak-ball :? if I start the game with a joystick I can unplug joystick than plug in the trak-ball with the game running I can use the trak-ball :? I tried this with Centipede I can't move at all but I can shot. :ponder: I played Realsports Tennis the trak-ball runs just fine? :? I think it might be the trak-ball. :sad:

You can't switch in the middle. The type of controller is detected at the beginning, but the buttons work the same way for trackball and joystick so they should work but not the directional motion.

Sounds like the START button on your track-ball isnt working. Maybe a good contact cleaning will get it working again.

Sounds like the START button on your track-ball isnt working. Maybe a good contact cleaning will get it working again.

Some contact cleaning, I'll look in that thanks!