IGNORED

Is the XE version of Karateka rare?

tjb

Here's a copy of Karateka (XE version) for $180 OBO. I checked both B & C and Best and neither have it. Still I didn't think it was that rare and $180 seems pretty steep to me. Am I wrong? Opinions?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1805678572261?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180567857226&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

BTW, what's the tag for Ebay listings? I can never remember it.

tjb

I emailed her, and she seems fairly straight... I was questioning where she got the rarity 9 from (Atarimania shows a 7), here is my question and her reply.

I'm curious as to where you got rarity nine from? At best this is a Seven (in sealed condition)

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-karateka_6047.html

Anyway, good luck with the sale.

>I think I copied auction template from my carnival massacre so that is probably why it says that...but i've heard it is very rare. last one on ebay sold for $210 and Summer games >just was listed before for $180 so I'm not going to reduce price until I understand the market value of the game...thanks for looking. - Linda

Also, I know I have a lot of the Bluebox XE games, and I've never seen Karateka in the wild. (not a big deal as I have it on disk three times LOL)... So I would hazard that it's rarer than most, but would not pay that much for it.

Thanks for the replies. It did seem to be hard to come by but I still thought the price a bit steep. I guess if you were really into collecting it would be worth it. I do collect but I do so more to play the games rather that have them sit.

tjb

• 1 year later...