IGNORED

Teaser

Madaracs

I'm going to sell my 5200.

Although I'd love to hang on to it and I've put a lot of love into it, I need to scale back my collection and the great Monolith must go.

I am thinking of offering it the Marketplace--but if I can't get what I have into it, I won't sell it here.

My Flickr set shows the beauty and all of the goodies below. There are also two additional controllers that I'll be throwing in that are non-functional. I'll also be putting up a smaller game lot of duplicates as well.

My 5200 Flickr set.

5200 with low miles with all original hookups and power supply. (Power Supply not pictured I had it out of the box for some reason.)

Many CIB games with very low miles--The popeye scratch off card is still intact!

Two rebuilt 5200 Controllers and three (one disassembled) for parts or rebuilding.

I just fired it up for the first time in a year, tested everything and it works perfectly.

Before I offer it here... Anyone know what I should expect to get for this collection? I could potentially split it up too...

Quick question - are the numbers on the number pads on your controllers gold? Does that mean they are the gold rebuilts from Best?

I had an email convo with Brad recently and he was asking me if the numbers on my controller were yellow or gold - I didn't know what to say, what is yellow to one is gold to another. <shrug> But I know my controller does not look like that. Those definitely look gold to me, so if that's gold, then mine is definitely yellow.

Thanks for any help. :)

P.S. Don't go getting rid of anything you think you'll regret getting rid of and struggling to get back at some point in the future.

Edited by Brian R.

Quick question - are the numbers on the number pads on your controllers gold? Does that mean they are the gold rebuilts from Best?

I had an email convo with Brad recently and he was asking me if the numbers on my controller were yellow or gold - I didn't know what to say, what is yellow to one is gold to another. <shrug> But I know my controller does not look like that. Those definitely look gold to me, so if that's gold, then mine is definitely yellow.

Thanks for any help. :)

P.S. Don't go getting rid of anything you think you'll regret getting rid of and struggling to get back at some point in the future.

Yes, they are gold! And yes, they are from Best.

I'm also going to be adding a track ball (needs work) and two additional controllers that were not pictured. But it's hard to sell large lots like this right now. I've been watching Eight Bit trying to dump his stuff and without parting it out, I don't think it will do very well.

I'm waffling a bit on selling the stuff but really I'd like it to be in someone's home who will give it the proper care it deserves.

I of course will consider trades and I'm always looking for homebrew cartridges. I've got a lot of systems and not so much time to give them all the appropriate attention.

• 2 weeks later...

For that dead controller, I wonder if it has enough parts to get my dead controller Frankenstein'd together.

What is wrong with your controller?

If it's the thin-film circuitry probably not. This one has a pretty bad burn spot in the middle where it appears to have shorted out. And I've not tried cleaning it with anything to see if it can be revived. Otherwise everything is there.

For that dead controller, I wonder if it has enough parts to get my dead controller Frankenstein'd together.

If it's the thin-film circuitry probably not. This one has a pretty bad burn spot in the middle where it appears to have shorted out. And I've not tried cleaning it with anything to see if it can be revived. Otherwise everything is there.

My controller is missing the rubber 3 top buttons + the CV joint boot for the joystick. That, and it dun work at all. Yep, it's a 5200 controller.

My controller is missing the rubber 3 top buttons + the CV joint boot for the joystick. That, and it dun work at all. Yep, it's a 5200 controller.

Well if you want the disassembled controller I'll ship it to you for $10.

Edited by Madaracs