IGNORED

Atari joystick controller thing

69SUPERBIRD

I have a atari.........I dont know what it is its a joystick with a button in new condition got it at a garage sale it does work its made it says in 1987 and has TV games on the back but it says Atari on top. The buttons and parts are one button and joystick on top, 3 buttons and a switch on the side the ones on top dont have anything next to them the ones on the side say, start select reset and a light with a on and off switch under it.???????????????????? what is this thing. i know ive seen it around but i dont know what it is.?????????

well do u know what its called???? and is it worth anything its kinda fun but if i could get some money from it then i would like to sell it. i got it free anyway????

It's worth about a buck. It's one of those Atari 2600 game controllers-- not as good as an Atari 5200 or Atari 800.

It's called Jakks Atari Joystick games or something like that:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3004768763851?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300476876385&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

They also have a few other models like that flying around like the one that looks like a Paddle. The Paddle ones are better especially if you can modify it to use as a controller on a real Atari.

Anyone have the pinouts for those Paddle type controllers for the Jakks Paddle games?

A buck? I'd say three or four depending on the condition. They're pretty common and good fun for quick pick up and play gaming or an 8-bit fix :)

Divya16 nailed it mostly. It's a plug n play game for the TV set. Have fun with it.

I got mine for 0.99 + shipping. I like the ones that allow you to use an AC adapter so you don't have to use up batteries.

mine is NEW condition the only thing that looks used at all is the silver paint on the letters on the side of the thing and those only if u look closely i went to a huge garage sale to get them there was 2 i only got one darn i wish i had got both. There was also a n64 there but i thought it looked to used so i got a brand new one. does being in such good shape make it worth alot or a little more???????

mine is NEW condition the only thing that looks used at all is the silver paint on the letters on the side of the thing and those only if u look closely i went to a huge garage sale to get them there was 2 i only got one darn i wish i had got both. There was also a n64 there but i thought it looked to used so i got a brand new one. does being in such good shape make it worth alot or a little more???????

It's not worth anything, really. It's one of the numerous "games in a controller" things that had their big day/fad come and go.

The Flashback 2 is superior to that thing in numerous ways. Better games, better unit that looks like a mini 2600, and it comes with two real joysticks that can be used on a real 2600.

Also, this is a forum for the 5200, and that is not a 5200. This thread should be moved to where it's appropriate.

Edited by Brian R.

i know how the heck do i move these im new darn it its happened to two topics grrrrrrrrrrrr *rips hair out*

i'm a dumass and bought one from k-mart when they came out i thought neato i can play yars revenge anywhere

unscreew the batt compartment and hope the previous batts didnt leak and corrode the springs put new batterys in plug it to the a/v jacks on your tv or vcr and turn it on select yars revenge and press fire

later on i got another at a garage sale for $1

i bought a few of them i have the shrek one the scooby doo one the comodore 64 one a 128 nes game one

If you want to see how bad Circus Atari is when played with a joystick, you can try it on that Plug n play. I think I gave away the last one of those joysticks I had.

They do look okay as part of a collection of plug-n-play games. Keep your eyes open and you'll find the later Jakks Atari paddle games version. There was a one player and a two player version. Hold out for the two player version.

are the paddle ones really that rare how much more money are they worth???and oh my gosh you are so right atari circus... its like trying to catch a hyper squirrel its so wierd and jerky.

I'm not aware of any of these things being particularly valuable. They might be worth $1 more than the joystick version. I just like the paddle version better because it has a fairly good version of Circus.

are the paddle ones really that rare how much more money are they worth???and oh my gosh you are so right atari circus... its like trying to catch a hyper squirrel its so wierd and jerky.

I'm not aware of any of these things being particularly valuable. They might be worth $1 more than the joystick version. I just like the paddle version better because it has a fairly good version of Circus.

It's jitter free and they are usually just as cheap as the joystick one if you look around and aren't in a rush to get one. May need to figure out if it's using a CLK/DATA or analog pot so perhaps adapt it to Atari 5200.

Here's one on ebay for buy-it-now:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2904738862631?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290473886263&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

That's the single paddle one. Dual paddle one would be a good deal if it can be adapted for A5200.