IGNORED

Venture for 5200

littleman jack

Does anyone out there know if there were ever any attempts to make Venture for the 5200?

Was it an omission due to timing, or lack of interest?

The Colecovision had a nice version, and the 5200 certainly seems more than capable to

have an excellent version as well. Just wondering and wishing.

Does anyone out there know if there were ever any attempts to make Venture for the 5200?

The Colecovision had a nice version, and the 5200 certainly seems more than capable to

Not that I know of. I would LOVE a 5200 version though. Venture, Smurf, and Dragon Fire are the 3 game I would like to see ported to the 5200.

Not that I know of. I would LOVE a 5200 version though. Venture, Smurf, and Dragon Fire are the 3 game I would like to see ported to the 5200.

I have to agree. Venture was one of those games just on the cusp of being great. I think a rewrite could address some of the annoyances with it. Make the monsters a little smarter, don't kill off the player for touching a dead monster, add more levels and add a little randomness to the map generation.

I love Venture. It's one of those simple and awesome games that is worth playing repeatedly.

Personally, I don't need a 5200 version. I have it on MAME, a ColecoVision, a 2600, and the Intellivision. I enjoy all of them already. Each one is different with good and bad.

I would prefer that a homebrew version of something else, unavailable previously, be ported. I don't expect people to agree with me, but that's my 2 cents.