IGNORED

Harmony + Planet of Zoom + 7800 = DOOM!

Madaracs

Is there a bad Planet of Zoom bin out there or has someone else possibly seen this?

When I used my Harmony cart for the first time last night to play a bin of a game I already own: Buck Rogers and the Planet of Zoom, the ROM loaded and then I saw this:

5062454780_ce6eec885a.jpg

Once into the game it appears to work alright.

I was also playing on my 7800. So I was thinking this might be a game that plays better on the 2600.

Anyway, if anyone has experience with this issue--I'd appreciate advice! :)

Edited by Madaracs

The binary that is out there produces an incorrect frame during the title screen (240 scanlines, with 5 scanline VSYNC pulse) so you're likely to get rolling on a newer television, or possibly no video at all.

Cool. +1 for the speedy reply and tip. :thumbsup: I think I have a way to dump my current cart's ROM so that might potentially fix it.

Edited by Madaracs

The binary that is out there produces an incorrect frame during the title screen (240 scanlines, with 5 scanline VSYNC pulse) so you're likely to get rolling on a newer television, or possibly no video at all.

Cool. +1 for the speedy reply and tip. :thumbsup: I think I have a way to dump my current cart's ROM so that might potentially fix it.

I just dumped my copy of Buck Rodgers and it is identical to the ROM that's out there. It has the same 240 scanlines; so it must be a programming "bug".

Mitch

I just dumped my copy of Buck Rodgers and it is identical to the ROM that's out there. It has the same 240 scanlines; so it must be a programming "bug".

Mitch

Crap! :!:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...