IGNORED

emu7800

KEWROCK

Hello forum.

It's been a while since I Fired up the emulator. I was using the emu7800 v.81 which always works fine. Today I updated to the newest version v.95. Neither 64bit or 86bit work on my computer. I'm using windows XP 32bit. Is the 32bit emu not being updated anymore? If so, what's the latest version I can use?

Thanks in advance......Kew.

The "86bit" is the one you'd want, it's 32-bit x86 for your 32-bit x86 processor. It should be working. What sort of error are you seeing?

Originally I was getting a ".NET Framework is missing or needs to be updated" error. So I went to the Microsoft website and got the newest version. Now I get this(attached pic). v81 still works fine though. I've tried various uninstall/reinstall combinations figuring maybe the two versions weren't compatible. No luck.

I was hoping the new version would have a screen refresh rate setting, so games like 2600 Asteroids and cheaper games Gorf wouldn't flicker so much. The games work nice and smooth in Stella, But Stella doesn't resize the play field big enough to fill the WHOLE screen. Most games it's at about 75 percent.

Thanks for responding, hope you can help.

post-25688-128694613534_thumb.jpg

Looks like it wants an updated version of DirectX-- MS is very strange about updating DirectX quietly, behind the scenes, to add new functionality without really releasing new versions. Try running the web installer at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3 , it'll only download and update the files you'll need.

The "86bit" is the one you'd want, it's 32-bit x86 for your 32-bit x86 processor. It should be working. What sort of error are you seeing?

Originally I was getting a ".NET Framework is missing or needs to be updated" error. So I went to the Microsoft website and got the newest version. Now I get this(attached pic). v81 still works fine though. I've tried various uninstall/reinstall combinations figuring maybe the two versions weren't compatible. No luck.

I was hoping the new version would have a screen refresh rate setting, so games like 2600 Asteroids and cheaper games Gorf wouldn't flicker so much. The games work nice and smooth in Stella, But Stella doesn't resize the play field big enough to fill the WHOLE screen. Most games it's at about 75 percent.

If your computer is capable of OpenGL, try using the OpenGL renderer in Stella, and set both 'GL FS Stretch' and GL VSync' to true in "Video Settings", and set the fullscreen video mode to match your desktop resolution. This should stretch the image as much as possible in fullscreen mode. Note that some black bordering is necessary, and is the result of correct emulation.