IGNORED

7800 with 2600 games?

SlowCoder

Seems when I look around on eBay, all I see are 7800s with 2600 games. Maybe a couple 7800 games mixed in.

What is a good starting price for a 7800 (just the system and components)? I'm thinking I might just want to get a 7800, and build up the games myself.

Are there any multi carts like the 2600 Harmony cart, for the 7800?

Seems when I look around on eBay, all I see are 7800s with 2600 games. Maybe a couple 7800 games mixed in.

What is a good starting price for a 7800 (just the system and components)? I'm thinking I might just want to get a 7800, and build up the games myself.

Are there any multi carts like the 2600 Harmony cart, for the 7800?

There is a 7800 version of the Harmony Cart in the works, yes. Not sure of when it will be released, but there is a working prototype. Here is a thread with the latest developments. :

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/165892-h2/

One thing i hate about Ebay and maybe other places is they list 2600 games with the 7800.The 2600 games should be kept separate AFAIC.When you look for 7800 games, you want to SEE 7800 games, so annoying. :dunce: :sleep: :mad:

Edited by Rik

Yeah, that's what I normally saw when I first debated getting a 7800. I don't know how I got so lucky when I finally decided to take the plunge. Even luckier, nobody bid against me.

Rik - that's easy to work around.

to list only Atari 7800 auctions enter the following text (it's also a link to see the results):

atari 7800 -2600

the - means excluding, so the search means look for the words ATARI and the word 7800 but if it has the word 2600 then don't list it.

to list specific 7800 objects(to track down specific games) the use this:

atari 7800 -2600 (alien, blaster, desert)

the (a,b,c) means "or" so the search looks for 7800 only objects that contain the word alien or blaster or desert and would list any auctions for the 7800 cartridges Alien Brigade, Barnyard Blaster and Desert Flacon. You can put a lot of different words in there, just don't forget the comma between words:

atari 7800 -2600 (alien, blaster desert)

that will only list Alien Brigade cartridges or auctions that have both Barnyard Blaster and Desert Flacon in them.

Edited by SpiceWare

One thing i hate about Ebay and maybe other places is they list 2600 games with the 7800.The 2600 games should be kept separate AFAIC.When you look for 7800 games, you want to SEE 7800 games, so annoying. :dunce: :sleep: :mad:

The reason is the fact that it's backward compatible. Most sellers will also put 7800 on their 2600 game listings to try to pick up interest from a few more bidders. It's the same as people putting Wii on their Gamecube games or PS2 on their PS1 games.