IGNORED

controller at GW

tz101

Hey, I scored a 5200 two-port system (my one and only, the other being a four-porter) from a TRASH CAN at a car wash some years back.

There were two controllers - both work in the way I need them, for start, primarily, but pause and reset work too on both.

Me, I gave up on finding stuff at Goodwill stores many years ago. Became an effort in frustration, since it seemed all the once common Atari stuff just vanished.

Hey, I scored a 5200 two-port system (my one and only, the other being a four-porter) from a TRASH CAN at a car wash some years back.

There were two controllers - both work in the way I need them, for start, primarily, but pause and reset work too on both.

Me, I gave up on finding stuff at Goodwill stores many years ago. Became an effort in frustration, since it seemed all the once common Atari stuff just vanished.

I find the same thing around me. There is never classic console or computer items in any of the thirf stores where I am.

I'm always jealous when reading these forums at the great things people find. I keep looking though!

Thrift stores in Orlando suck now. The last time I saw a 5200 it was 25.00 and they said parts were in the back when they went to get the parts they had already thrown them away. I did pick up a 2 NES toaster only for 5.00 each the other day but it's soooo rare that I find anything. I did find some nice N64 stuff the other day. Anyone want a N64 with about 20 something games? :cool:

Thrift stores in Orlando suck now. The last time I saw a 5200 it was 25.00 and they said parts were in the back when they went to get the parts they had already thrown them away. I did pick up a 2 NES toaster only for 5.00 each the other day but it's soooo rare that I find anything. I did find some nice N64 stuff the other day. Anyone want a N64 with about 20 something games? :cool:

Send me list of games that you have. I sold my N64 for $10 a week or so ago, but have another unit on "to be sold" list unless there's some good games to keep it for.

The Goodwills near me sell all their older electronics donations directly to a recycler. They never even get put out on the display floor.

That is so sad. Depressing to think that desirable Atari stuff could get sent out to be "melted down" rather than getting to the hands of someone who would appreciate it.

But then, if it's just another Combat cart... still, we need those shells for hacks and homebrew housings, don't we? (Unless the community has gotten beyond the cart recycling and is only making their own now, that's not something I'm up on.)

The Goodwills near me sell all their older electronics donations directly to a recycler. They never even get put out on the display floor.

This is why NEVER DONATE ITEMS TO GOODWILL!

Salvation Army's at least put the stuff out for sale.

BTW: My GW 5200 controller does not work. No buttons or the stick directionals register on-screen. I will take it apart ands clean all the contacts and look for cracks in the flex circuit runs. Other than that, parts may be on order from Best.

This is why NEVER DONATE ITEMS TO GOODWILL!

Salvation Army's at least put the stuff out for sale.

BTW: My GW 5200 controller does not work. No buttons or the stick directionals register on-screen. I will take it apart ands clean all the contacts and look for cracks in the flex circuit runs. Other than that, parts may be on order from Best.

check the cords conductors for continuity

I have a rebuilt controller that doesn't work, but it's not a gold contact version. I'm considering getting it fixed.

Can't do it myself. The last time I tried opening a 5200 controller, it did not go well. I can't get it back together.

Are you asking me to assist? Ship it to me and I will repair it. PM me if interested.

check the cords conductors for continuity

I need the wiring pinout diagram. Can you provide a link? Thanks.

your goog fu not up to the task

i found this

http://pinouts.ru/Inputs/JoystickAtari5200_pinout.shtml

also for replacement flex circuits i see someone has rev 9 regular ones fairly cheap just got to be gentle installing them

also they do not wire pin 12 in the joysticks its for tracball only

Edited by bohoki