IGNORED

Imagic Atlantis II cart back up on EBay

CannibalCat

I don't follow this title but it seems low, no?

Ended: Oct 20, 201015:53:50 PDT

Bid history: 6 bids

Winning bid: US $510.00

There have been several of them this year and the price has taken a hit. The last few went for under $500 I think.

Nope, the last one auctioned was this cart and it was passed in at auction for $410 reserve not met. Decypher picked up a copy in a lot for around $400, but it was hidden and it was not clear whether it was a fake. the last copy before this that sold as a confirmed copy went for $700+ ;)

There have been several of them this year and the price has taken a hit. The last few went for under $500 I think.

Nope, the last one auctioned was this cart and it was passed in at auction for $410 reserve not met. Decypher picked up a copy in a lot for around $400, but it was hidden and it was not clear whether it was a fake. the last copy before this that sold as a confirmed copy went for $700+ ;)

Ok then.

BuyAtari you are officially fired from your position of ripping on Atlantis II! :P

Congratulations, you meet all the qualifications necessary to take over BuyAtari's position! :D :cool:

BuyAtari you are officially fired from your position of ripping on Atlantis II! :P

Why?? He's doing such a fantastic job!! :D

Correction he WAS doing a fantastic job! During the past year or so he really hasn't presented the same fire as before. Now horseboy on the other hand is still carrying on the fight. Here is his qualifications.

1. Posting a puking Family Guy picture when I made a Youtube video of Atlantis II.

2. Saying how couldn't imagine why an Imagic store previewer would go for less than Atlantis II

3. The recent statement of many Atlantis II's going for less than $500 without clarifying why.

By far he has been the most antagonistic towards this game than anyone on AtariAge during the past year, and so he in my opinion deserves Buyatari's spot. :D

We really need a new thread to discuss why the price of Atlantis II has tanked so badly in recent times when all other rare Atari 2600 items are doing so well. Maybe you can start it up Homer? :D

My main guess is the fact that there is no evidence that this is real. Like so many others this is a huge factor. I know that there was an Atlantis II with a doc, and it failed to hit $2,000. That one was a surprise, and does point that even the ones that can be said to be 100 percent legit have problems. But with that one there was only one piece of paper. the paper had a stain on it, and that was it. So people may have shied away from it.

Personally though I don't care as much. To be honest if I were to put up my Atlantis II with Docs up with a Buy It Now of $2,500 it would probably sell. And given the fact I paid $2,000 for this 4 and a half years ago I basically have broken even at the given moment including inflation. As far as I can tell I still have the most extensive paperwork for any Atlantis II out there, and it still is in the finest condition compared to any other paperwork out there.

Also, right now Atlantis II is at a low point. Remember that everything is cyclical. Pepsi Invaders itself was going for around $700 about 2 or 3 years ago when a few of them came out one year. The last one sold for over $2,000 if I remember correctly loose.

And one last thing, I have the dedication to become an extremely skilled gamer at almost any game. 4 years ago I really didn't know I had it in me, but last year I broke the Galaxian record for the Atari 2600, and then I broke the Donkey Kong 3 record for the Arcade. Galaxian was one of my favorite games for the Atari 2600, and Donkey Kong 3 was my favorite game for the Arcade.

Tell me, how many people can actually say they have a record in their favorite game? For me, that is just a boat load of awesome, and yeah not many people at this site really care, and so be it. But hey, I care. At the moment what matters most to me are going after world records. I have put a lot of time in effort into these records, and am happy to have them. By the way most of my free time is now spent on Donkey Kong Junior.

I have already hit over 377,000 on flash, and have reached over 300,000 5 times. I have come to the conclusion that if I continue with this effort, by some time next year I will be the forth person ever to flip this game. And my status as one of the better video game players out there will be cemented. So I figure why spend time arguing over Atlantis II, when I can spend time with mastering Donkey Kong Junior. Just my 25 cents. I did type a lot! ;)

My main guess is the fact that there is no evidence that this is real. Like so many others this is a huge factor.

I dont think that anyone is concerned with whether this is real. the seller even weighed it on scales to prove there is no eprom...

What hurt it is the fact that so many have sold this year alone. Heck, as you said, there is still the one with the doc that is still to sell ;) so mayber there is still more room for it to fall further...

I personally believe that in time it willl recover. a new batch of collectors will want it down the track and i doubt that they will continue to be discovered at the same rate.

Why?? He's doing such a fantastic job!! :D

Correction he WAS doing a fantastic job! During the past year or so he really hasn't presented the same fire as before. Now horseboy on the other hand is still carrying on the fight. Here is his qualifications.

1. Posting a puking Family Guy picture when I made a Youtube video of Atlantis II.

2. Saying how couldn't imagine why an Imagic store previewer would go for less than Atlantis II

3. The recent statement of many Atlantis II's going for less than $500 without clarifying why.

By far he has been the most antagonistic towards this game than anyone on AtariAge during the past year, and so he in my opinion deserves Buyatari's spot. :D

Bah..

1. Was a joke.

2. I would pay more for the kiosk. That is just me. It is a cooler item in my opinion.

3. I remembered the last one going for $410 or whatever and I knew there had been several recently. A bad assumption I guess.

I have nothing against Atlantis II. ;)

To be honest if I were to put up my Atlantis II with Docs up with a Buy It Now of $2,500 it would probably sell. And given the fact I paid $2,000 for this 4 and a half years ago I basically have broken even at the given moment including inflation.

That's a better rate of return than having had your money in the bank ;)

especially an icelandic bank icon_mrgreen.gif

no really....

what is the rarity of Atlantis II now.... where is the line drawn between R9 and R10? ie. what are the numbers that define the difference between the two... cause there is quite a few of these II's now.

There are still more Pepsi Invaders than Atlantis II carts, and there are ton more Music Machines than Atlantis II games. If Music Machine is a rarity 10, than Atlantis II is pretty safe at a rarity 10.

especially an icelandic bank icon_mrgreen.gif

no really....

what is the rarity of Atlantis II now.... where is the line drawn between R9 and R10? ie. what are the numbers that define the difference between the two... cause there is quite a few of these II's now.

There are still more Pepsi Invaders than Atlantis II carts, and there are ton more Music Machines than Atlantis II games. If Music Machine is a rarity 10, than Atlantis II is pretty safe at a rarity 10.

These would be R9's at most.A R10 should be 3 carts known or less.