IGNORED

New record low Ikari Warriors goes for less than $10 shipped!

homerwannabee

True enough, this a record low on Ebay, so most don't go for that low. Usually around $15 to $10 shipped, but still I never thought I would see the day when this title would go for less than $10 sealed. When I paid $200 for this sealed I really thought I was getting a steal. Now don't think I am crying over soured grapes. I have gotten over this, in fact this price brings a smile to my face now, given the humor of it all. For me it marks a new low. Never in my life have I lost over 95 percent of my money on something I spent over $100 for. Oh here is the auction I am talking about.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2805751611321?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280575161132&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

And to put this into perspective, here is a Dig Dug game sealed from the same seller that went for $15.50 shipped

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2706492365671?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=270649236567&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Also the high probability of it being unsealed in Customs will keep the price low as if it was not sealed.

In over 20 years of buying stuff from around the world, customs has only opened the actual games I ordered once and luckily, they weren't even factory sealed, so it wasn't an issue. I have yet to hear anyone complain that the Venezuela games have been arriving opened. Having said that, if you are expecting mint/sealed copies, you will be disappointed. The 2600 games they sell all have denting and crushing from years of variable storage. Even the stuff being sold by the case seems not to have escaped damage. They also sell some stuff which clearly has mold or discoloration from years of storage. Specifically, some of their Colecovision games and even some of the computer games have evidence of this in the pictures and in the actual items from what other collectors have told me. If you can deal with these potential issues, they are a great bargain and while it takes forever (literally six weeks to the day I bought them the last time I ordered), they are legit and will deliver.

Or maybe it sucks more that in years long ago I offered $1000 each for them to a seller and he would not let them go since they were so rare. At CGE it was a regular Atariage member selling them there for someone. I did not go to the show that year or I would have got them. More than a few people have been burned but it does not matter. Many of us have found super rare games for a buck and it all washes out.

Also the high probability of it being unsealed in Customs will keep the price low as if it was not sealed.

In over 20 years of buying stuff from around the world, customs has only opened the actual games I ordered once and luckily, they weren't even factory sealed, so it wasn't an issue. I have yet to hear anyone complain that the Venezuela games have been arriving opened. Having said that, if you are expecting mint/sealed copies, you will be disappointed. The 2600 games they sell all have denting and crushing from years of variable storage. Even the stuff being sold by the case seems not to have escaped damage. They also sell some stuff which clearly has mold or discoloration from years of storage. Specifically, some of their Colecovision games and even some of the computer games have evidence of this in the pictures and in the actual items from what other collectors have told me. If you can deal with these potential issues, they are a great bargain and while it takes forever (literally six weeks to the day I bought them the last time I ordered), they are legit and will deliver.

We shipped some routers and an HDMI cable to Venezuela last month. We had to have it returned to us after it arrived in Venezuela due to credit card fraud. When we got it back we realized that customs opened all of the router boxes and had removed the shrinkwrap. What is worse is that they cut the HDMI cable open. As if we were smuggling drugs inside of it or something. It was crazy... and irritating.

We shipped some routers and an HDMI cable to Venezuela last month. We had to have it returned to us after it arrived in Venezuela due to credit card fraud. When we got it back we realized that customs opened all of the router boxes and had removed the shrinkwrap. What is worse is that they cut the HDMI cable open. As if we were smuggling drugs inside of it or something. It was crazy... and irritating.

While that's interesting, it was a two way trip of the same package which probably raised a ton of red flags, especially since you shipped from the top drug consuming country in the world to a known drug transport hub and back again. I don't know anyone who has reported problems with the video games from the Venezuelan sellers suffering a similar fate.

While that's interesting, it was a two way trip of the same package which probably raised a ton of red flags, especially since you shipped from the top drug consuming country in the world to a known drug transport hub and back again. I don't know anyone who has reported problems with the video games from the Venezuelan sellers suffering a similar fate.

Well, here is your proof: I bought my Ikari Warriors & Motor Rodeo sealed copies from the seller in Venezuela (maybe a couple years ago and paid maybe $60 or so a piece) and when the package arrived, it had been sliced open by customs and the sealed games were not only opened but opened like a 5 year old child would open it.

Since I only collect loose carts, I didn't give a crap anyhow, but it still made me furious as I usually sell or trade all of the boxes & manuals that I acquire in order to get "rebates" on the carts I buy.

I will try to post a pic later tonight. I still have the original outer box and the sliced atari box.

(posting pics is a pain in the ass around here otherwise I could do it right now)

now join the PAL side. it is much rarer :D

LOL! I paid about $10 bucks for my Pal copy and imo that's all it's worth pal or ntsc. The game sucks at best.

I dig collecting, but I still think you guys paying hundreds/thousands of dollars for games that suck are nuts!

• Like 1