IGNORED

Mystery Box of 7800 games

thund3r

So i was watching this auction eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1705507262751?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170550726275&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] but unfortunatly missed it by a few minutes (doh!), just enquiring to see if anyone on AA won it, and what was in the box. No doubt its probably a stack of Meltdown carts...

I saw that one too and they're not 7800 carts. Look on the side of the box. There's a check mark next to CX70. CX70 is the Atari light pen, if I'm not mistaken. That's what's in the box.

So i was watching this auction eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1705507262751?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170550726275&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] but unfortunatly missed it by a few minutes (doh!), just enquiring to see if anyone on AA won it, and what was in the box. No doubt its probably a stack of Meltdown carts...

I saw that one too and they're not 7800 carts. Look on the side of the box. There's a check mark next to CX70. CX70 is the Atari light pen, if I'm not mistaken. That's what's in the box.

It's not 70, it's 78. (Underneath is 26P for PAL and 26N for NTSC.) Next to the P/N, the end of the # is 75P, which would seem to indicated 7875 = Meltdown for the Atari 7800 and P for PAL (with the box being in the UK, it makes sense). This was also indicated in the Q&A section in the auction.

• 8 months later...

it's not Cx-70 but CX-78

46383337.jpg

I'm gonna guess no on controllers. I think the model number marked CX78 is actually saying these are 7800 games.

Now decipher the sloppy part numbers,

Maybe a case of fight night? All I know is whole box of the same lame pal game would be a bummer..

I've got a whole stack of those boxes in my garage, most of them filled with sealed Jinks cartridges. The "CX78" checkbox doesn't refer to the CX-78 gamepad; it's just a code which indicates that the games in the box are 7800 games, while the "CX26" checkboxes indicate 2600 games. That writing is incredibly sloppy, but it's strange that two P/N boxes are checked. Maybe that means there's a mix of two different titles in the box.