IGNORED

OK, Where's Super Beef Drop?

OldAtarian

I think everyone here on the boards who can't already program should agree to learn some programming. Just enough each that, combined, we could equal one good homebrewer. Then, instead of threads asking for stuff like this to be made, we could come on here and be like "okay guys, this is the next game we're doing, let's go!" We could be like a programming Voltron. Weak individually, but combined, we... turn into a robot... I guess. :)

• Like 1

I think everyone here on the boards who can't already program should agree to learn some programming. Just enough each that, combined, we could equal one good homebrewer. Then, instead of threads asking for stuff like this to be made, we could come on here and be like "okay guys, this is the next game we're doing, let's go!" We could be like a programming Voltron. Weak individually, but combined, we... turn into a robot... I guess. :)

Yeah I agree but its not easy to understand or to even begin to program, I can only hope some day someone will make a step by step programming guide with all the needed hardware and info needed to program. I have spent a couple of hours for a couple of days clicking on links to here and there and never can find a simple answer. There is info out there but there is many questions as it leads you to hell quick. I know that there are many people on here extremely helpfull on answering questions about programming but you would almost need a live tech message board and classes for programming this system or a manual with everything needed like I have said.

Yeah I agree but its not easy to understand or to even begin to program, I can only hope some day someone will make a step by step programming guide with all the needed hardware and info needed to program. I have spent a couple of hours for a couple of days clicking on links to here and there and never can find a simple answer. There is info out there but there is many questions as it leads you to hell quick. I know that there are many people on here extremely helpfull on answering questions about programming but you would almost need a live tech message board and classes for programming this system or a manual with everything needed like I have said.

The information is out there to program the 7800. Basically all you need is the GCC MARIA document and a good book on 6502 assembler. Creating achievable goals for yourself is the hardest part. You need patience and the willingness to experiment and try things out on your own. If you don't have a programming background you have to be realistic. You aren't going to program a AAA 7800 title in your first attempt. However you might start by adding 2 numbers together and storing the result in memory then shortly after you'll have a single, player controlled sprite moving in X ;). If you get stuck just ask questions.

I know what you are saying, but I have no plans of doing any programing and it is something from my past. I tried my hand in programming by taking a class 15 to 16 years ago.

If I wanted to do programming for the Atari 7800, I would have tried to learn 6502 assembly back in 2004 or 2005. I wouldn't have any arcade or computer ports because of trademark purposes if I programmed a homebrew Atari 7800 or Atari 7800 xm game.

Back when I was in 8th grade, I was told to be a computer programmer by a teacher because of my math abilities were past my grade level back in the 1992-1993. I took a computer program class as a sophomore in high school called computer science. The teacher of that class had the class learn basic and creating programs from scratch on an Apple IIE. I was a C student in Computer Science and it was one of my worse two subjects that school year.

I had problems getting my programs to work and I found it very frustrating to put it mildly. I do any not have any regrets for what I experience in that class because that class was to see if I could have been good enough to take programming classes in college. I used high school to take drafting or accounting classes for college purposes besides taking computer classes.

Edited by 8th lutz

Super Burger Time looks like a game for the Atari XM. I am not familiar with Super Burger Time at all since I didn't remember playing it in the arcades.

I hope no one took Super Burger Time looks like a game for the Atari XM statement in terms of graphics.

What I was referring was Super Burgertime looked a game for the Atari 7800 XM in terms in ram and sound.

Edited by 8th lutz

The video was posted in 2008, it's a real arcade game from 1990, but was not widely released. I'd be surprised if they could do something like that in the 7800 XM, considering those arcade graphics are 16-bit quality.

It is very possible to port a game like Super Burgertime for for the Atari 7800 XM in terms of Ram and Sound. The Nes was able to do arcade ports like Snow Bros., Trog and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The arcade game despite the graphically difference.

That means the Atari 7800 XM would be be able to do the same as the Nes was able to do for late 1980's and early 1990's arcade ports except the Atari 7800 XM has better sound the Nes does. The Atari 7800 XM has a huge advantage of the nes in sound since the Atari 7800 XM has ym2151 sound chip that has 8 sound channels.

I think you took my statement of Super Burger Time looks like a game for the Atari XM in terms wrong. It was poorly type by me since I meant in terms of Ram Sound. To my understanding the extra ram the Atari xm has will help it terms of scrolling.

Edited by 8th lutz

The video was posted in 2008, it's a real arcade game from 1990, but was not widely released. I'd be surprised if they could do something like that in the 7800 XM, considering those arcade graphics are 16-bit quality.

I'm sure the ST/STe or Jaguar could handle it.

Oh, and there's also Burgertime Deluxe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9lR66roBlQ&feature=related

Edited by OldAtarian