IGNORED

Pac-Man Collection - Pokey sound version - Relisted

tep392

Hello all,

EBAY CANCELLED IT SO RELISTED ON GAMEGAVEL

I need to make a few bucks to cover some unexpected home repairs, so I've been digging through all my stuff, I'm kind of a pack rat, looking for anything I can sell. I decided to sell one of the Pokey enhanced Pac-Man Collection carts that I built while developing the sound code. If you haven't heard about this version, please see my thread in the 7800 forum.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/162512-pac-man-collection-with-pokey-sound/

The auction can be found here, http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000435968

This auction is for the cart only. No box or manual. Starting price is a very reasonable $20. Thanks!

Perry

P.S. I ran this by Albert and Bob to make sure they wouldn't mind me selling the cart and they were cool with it.

Edited by tep392

If you haven't heard about this version, please see my thread in the 7800 forum.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/162512-pac-man-collection-with-pokey-sound/

Which version of the code is on the cartridge? Also in the thread, you had mentioned that your cartridges was flaky ... What was it doing, is this that cartridge, did you fix it, and is there anything else we need to know about it's transgressions.

If you haven't heard about this version, please see my thread in the 7800 forum.

Which version of the code is on the cartridge? Also in the thread, you had mentioned that your cartridges was flaky ... What was it doing, is this that cartridge, did you fix it, and is there anything else we need to know about it's transgressions.

This is the latest version which is posted in the thread. I replaced the Pokey chip in the flaky one to fix it, but that is the one I'm keeping. I havn't had any problems with the one that is for sale.

Perry

My bid's in......... Don't see How I could possibly win, since I'm so cheap, But maybe I'll get lucky. If not at least I helped bump up the price...

This is one cool auction.

There was all kinds of talk about making a release of this cart. Did that happen, is it going to, does this auction have any baring on that?

My bid's in......... Don't see How I could possibly win, since I'm so cheap, But maybe I'll get lucky. If not at least I helped bump up the price...

This is one cool auction.

There was all kinds of talk about making a release of this cart. Did that happen, is it going to, does this auction have any baring on that?

I think there is likely to be a release, but my guess is that it will be for use with the Expansion Module and won't include a Pokey chip. My cart will play in a standard 7800.

Looks like I'll be dusting off my game gavel account. Ebay pulled my listing for copyright violation.

edit:

Here's the Game Gavel listing.

http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000435968

Perry

They pulled some of mine for the same reason as well.

Yet they allow hundreds of others, even when you report them, to remain.

It confuses me as to how they are 'picking and choosing' certain items. I think my account has been 'flagged or ear-marked' lol

I hate ebay so much!

Looks like I'll be dusting off my game gavel account. Ebay pulled my listing for copyright violation.

edit:

Perry

It confuses me as to how they are 'picking and choosing' certain items. I think my account has been 'flagged or ear-marked' lol

I hate ebay so much!

It does seem like pick and chose the auctions that get removed. Maybe it has something to do with how much revenue the seller generates.

Here's a quote from the message Ebay sent me:

"Please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. We review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members or Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program participants. "

Looks like someone might have reported me. Hope it wan't an Atariage member, as that would be very low.

edit:

Perry

I hate ebay so much!

It does seem like pick and chose the auctions that get removed. Maybe it has something to do with how much revenue the seller generates.

Here's a quote from the message Ebay sent me:

"Please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. We review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members or Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program participants. "

Looks like someone might have reported me. Hope it wan't an Atariage member, as that would be very low.

Unfortunately, you can't rule that out. I have had AA members actually email someone that hit a BIN of mine on ebay.

Anyways... good luck with your sale! I am watching that auction!

Edited by EricDeLee

Doesn't AA get permission to do the repos and home-brews when they use a licensed property? I thought they did. And if they did isn't the take down just completely bogus (since you have permission from the Al and Bob)? Then again maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about...

Ebay's exact policy from one of their talking heads:

Only official and released games by/from Atari are allowed for sale on ebay.

Repros... negative

Protos... negative

Lab Loaners... negative

Homebrews... negative

That is their recent ruling. I thought I would share that with everyone.