IGNORED

Atari 7800 Expansion Module - Interview with Curt Vendel

JonnyBritish

" Do you know of any legal or technical reason why Atari cant release 7800 or 8-bit games to platforms like Xbox Live arcade, handhelds, etc?

They are already releasing games for the 2600 and arcade on Xbox Gameroom, it wouldnt surprise me if you start to see 5200 titles show up on their service in the future and who knows, maybe 7800 titles will follow not too long there after, at least that is what a little birdie tells me"

Wait a minute here, what does Kurt know about this? Krome has closed it's doors and are finishing up their contractal duties.

Is Kurt saying Game Room will be taken over by someone else?

I really don't want this to die, the Atari games are pixel perfect here.

Edited by romeoteknik

Some nasty comments there on the 8bitrocket page. Hostile bunch. I think what Curt is doing is great. Why would people feel the need to attack someone over this? Strange world. Oh, by the way, the Flashback 3? What this going to be? A miniature Atari Jaguar? :) Now that'd be cool.

Well, I don't know about this "Kurt" guy, but this Curt (ahem...) knew that up till the end of summer things were still being worked on, whether the games will be released onto MS Gameroom, thats up to the powers that be, but 5200 and 7800 games were being worked on...

Curt

" Do you know of any legal or technical reason why Atari can’t release 7800 or 8-bit games to platforms like Xbox Live arcade, handhelds, etc?

They are already releasing games for the 2600 and arcade on Xbox Gameroom, it wouldn’t surprise me if you start to see 5200 titles show up on their service in the future and who knows, maybe 7800 titles will follow not too long there after, at least that is what a little birdie tells me"

Wait a minute here, what does Kurt know about this? Krome has closed it's doors and are finishing up their contractal duties.

Is Kurt saying Game Room will be taken over by someone else?

I really don't want this to die, the Atari games are pixel perfect here.

In the short time that Nolan was here on AtariAge, did he notice the 110,295 views on the various FB3 threads or the 85,646 views of a thread concerning a portable Flashback? Do the people at the current Atari ever come onto AtariAge? Perhaps they are not fully aware how interested the public would be in a product of this type and need to see firsthand.

In the short time that Nolan was here on AtariAge, did he notice the 110,295 views on the various FB3 threads or the 85,646 views of a thread concerning a portable Flashback? Do the people at the current Atari ever come onto AtariAge? Perhaps they are not fully aware how interested the public would be in a product of this type and need to see firsthand.

Depends how many of those views are actually unique views.