IGNORED

Is there hope for my Dk cart?

tz101

I got a 7800 DK cart in a lot of Colecovision games. Trouble is, it doesn't give me anything but a gray/white screen. I have used isopropyl alcohol and light sanding of the contacts, but it had no effect. Seeing that the game goes for $25 and up on epay, I was hoping this one worked. Is there any hope for this, or best to pitch it in the garbage and go the epay route to DK bliss?

One more question: I already have DK for VCS, Intellivision, CV, and NES. Does the 7800 version offer anything I do not already have, like say the pie factory level that is missing on all the others?

tz101,

Having played all of them I'd say that the 7800 version compares closest to the NES version, but, I think the NES version is a just a bit better in both graphics and gameplay. The 7800 version has only 3 levels, the same three as on the NES version. If you have to have it it's a decent version, but IMO the NES version is the best of the bunch.

Mike

PS: maybe it's just me but all of the 7800 Nintendo arcade conversions (DK, DK jr. and Mario Bros.) are all decent, but all seem just a bit .... off... I can't quite put my finger on it.

Edited by prostx23

If you ever even think about paying $25 for a 7800 DK cart, PM me.

I'd love to sell you one.

Not worth anything close to that.

Yeah, yeah, yeah not as good as NES version. Whatever. That wasn't the question here.

NES version is also "off."

Apologies to the OP for his dead cart. Atari2600.com has it for $5.95 loose(a bit high if you asked me), $7.95 CIB OR $9.95 shrinkwrapped new. Ebay is rarely a good place to judge prices.