IGNORED

$66 ($82 with shipping) for a Rana drive?

OldAtarian

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1404727112271?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=140472711227&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Seems kinda crazy when it says in the listing that it is not known to be working and being sold as is. Include the shipping and it brings the cost to $82 and change. "Not known to be working" to me means "known to be not working" rather than untested.

Edited by OldAtarian

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1404727112271?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=140472711227&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Seems kinda crazy when it says in the listing that it is not known to be working and being sold as is. Include the shipping and it brings the cost to $82 and change. "Not known to be working" to me means "known to be not working" rather than untested.

Well "not known to be working" is different to "known to be not working" but who knows - what doesn't add up is when you get people selling Atari stuff that was obviously theirs for some time (so they know how to connect it up etc) and sell as untested. If they have the time to snap a photo and write a description for ebay then they have the time to fire their stuff up and test first - just a way of avoiding comebacks or selling something as untested which they know to be faulty.

As for the Rana drive, I saw the listing early on and was tempted at first but only as it was boxed as I already have the drive. Funny how a thirty party drive that didn't get much love in the day is now getting a decent price.

When's the last time - and when's the next time - you're going to see a RANA 1000 complete with box? Bit rich for my blood, but I'm not exactly swimming in money like some of you folks!!!!

I've seen much more common Indus GTs go for over $100 (plus shipping) when they include the worthless (other than for "completeness") plastic case they originally shipped with. No less crazy.

Edited by wood_jl

When's the last time - and when's the next time - you're going to see a RANA 1000 complete with box? Bit rich for my blood, but I'm not exactly swimming in money like some of you folks!!!!

I've seen much more common Indus GTs go for over $100 (plus shipping) when they include the worthless (other than for "completeness") plastic case they originally shipped with. No less crazy.

Ah, but an Indus GT can actually be made into a complete CP/M machine. Didn't know that, did you?