amiman99

7 members have voted

1. 1. What can I do???

• Return the item for refund
    • Keep the game - give Neg feedback
    • Keep the game - give Neutral feedback
    • Demand refund with out shipping the item back

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I just purchased a sega 32X game from EBAY seller, the game arrived well packed and in very good condition in the box with instructions. Payed for it $5 and $4 shipping.

The game is freezing and the contacts are clean. Sold it as tested and 100% working.

What can I do?

To make it more interesting lets make a poll for a week.

Return the item for refund - have to pay for return shipping

Keep the game - give Neg feedback

Keep the game - give Neutral feedback for good shipping and quality of case

Demand refund with out shipping the item back.

This is my third game from ebay that does not work, different sellers

Thanx

I just purchased a sega 32X game from EBAY seller, the game arrived well packed and in very good condition in the box with instructions. Payed for it $5 and $4 shipping.

The game is freezing and the contacts are clean. Sold it as tested and 100% working.

What can I do?

Thanx

What has the seller said so far? There might be some other things you can try that would make it work, perhaps the seller has some idea?

What can I do?

Thanx

Before doing anything contact the seller and ask what they can offer as a remedy, they may surprise you

with another option

EDIT Looks like another post above has the same suggestion ( I posted before seeing it)

Edited by FND

I'm waiting for a reply.

The thing is, that the amount is small, and me paying to ship the item back will set me another few $$ and time.

I'm tired of sending defective product at MY expense.

And the seller is at a loss, they sold it for $5, got maybe $4 profit, If he gives me refund then he looses the sipping $$ to me. So everyone is at loss.

I know I'm rumbling around...I guess I want sellers to really check their stuff before selling. It will save everyone $$.

...so far all games I got from AtariAge forums are in great working condition...

I know I'm rumbling around...I guess I want sellers to really check their stuff before selling. It will save everyone $$.

Totally agree. It could be that it was working when tested but then got messed up during shipping. Hopefully the seller was honest when they said it was tested and not just trying to unload for even a few bucks.

It's hard for me to really comment because I have yet to buy something from Ebay that doesn't work.

Thanx

You sure it's not your Sega or 32x?

I was thinking this, I have an snes that won't play games with the extra chips (starfox) but play normal games perfectly fine.

I'm going to write in vote:

x Don't sweat the $9.

You bought a 16 year old used product and you don't really know for sure if it's the game or your system.The chances the seller was trying to rip anyone off taking $5 for a complete in the box 32x game are extremely slim.

I'm not sure why no one knows this but EBAY WILL PAY YOUR RETURN SHIPPING. You file a claim by phone, and ebay will email you a return label that you affix. It costs the seller and the buyer NOTHING.

AX

I did not know that

Either did I. Guess that's part of their "buyer protection" bit, huh? lol Hopefully you don't have to jump through hoops and stand on your head before you get to someone on the phone over there. Sounds like too much hassle though for $9.

I'm not sure why no one knows this but EBAY WILL PAY YOUR RETURN SHIPPING. You file a claim by phone, and ebay will email you a return label that you affix. It costs the seller and the buyer NOTHING.

AX

Can you file a claim by phone and do this after you've already filed a claim online?

Do you have to specifically request a return label?

Also, what is the phone number?

I don't know how I feel about making ebay pay for the return shipping...

I guess I'd say if you take advantage of the fact that they do it, you lose your right to complain about all the fees. You essentially loaned them like $1.20 which they return to you, to pay for $5 for shipping.

At any rate, golden ax posted the number in another thread this is the number he posted:

eBay 866-495-3229

I personally I did it all online, and had an acceptable result, though I hear that you are better off calling.

Ask the seller what to do. He may refund a few $ or all of the money. Great. He may pay for shipping back. Great. If he refuses either of those then I would file a claim. It really doesn't matter what his return policy states as Ebay policy supersedes his policy every time. If he offers something as working 100% or mint condition or whatever, then the onus is completely on them to get you the product in said condition. Filing a claim online works just like the phone. In the end they will tell you to return it every time and give you a label to do so.

AX

Can you file a claim by phone and do this after you've already filed a claim online?

I think you can still do it by phone. You will need to click on claims and then get a number and pin generated. It's called a "forced return" any time an item is not as described, when you get to the screen for doing it online or phone, pick phone and then ask for the label. I've done it several times now. It's win win for everyone. I'd bet your seller didn't "mean" to sell you a problematic game, most carts are not dead. It's hard to hurt a non-cd based game.

AX

AX

I think you can still do it by phone. You will need to click on claims and then get a number and pin generated. It's called a "forced return" any time an item is not as described, when you get to the screen for doing it online or phone, pick phone and then ask for the label. I've done it several times now. It's win win for everyone. I'd bet your seller didn't "mean" to sell you a problematic game, most carts are not dead. It's hard to hurt a non-cd based game.

AX

Thanks. I'm actually not the one having the problem. I was just asking questions for future reference. ;)

I'm going to write in vote:

x Don't sweat the $9.

You bought a 16 year old used product and you don't really know for sure if it's the game or your system.The chances the seller was trying to rip anyone off taking $5 for a complete in the box 32x game are extremely slim.

seconded.

the hardware was not made to last forever. it's part of the risk of being a collector.