IGNORED

New Document

kamakazi

good info in there

i've become pretty familiar with the innards

there is one scenario i ran into if someone has opened the controller nearly always they break off the 2 pegs under the keypad and if they are broke chances are they probably messed up the pots too if one were to rotate the pots past their stops then they go slightly out of whack and you have to roate them the opposite way to try to recenter them its quite a fiddly task using missile command or star wars to get it back in order

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are welcome. Incidentally I discovered recently a revision of the flex circuit that I have not seen before. I'm not sure if this is an actually Atari-produced flex or an upgrade. The circuit has Rev 9, Atari and Logo, and 1982 date. However, the circuit is white with a trace that usually travels around the function buttons missing. I also noticed that the fire buttons have the three contact dots. Does anyone know of the flex circuit?

You guys are welcome. Incidentally I discovered recently a revision of the flex circuit that I have not seen before. I'm not sure if this is an actually Atari-produced flex or an upgrade. The circuit has Rev 9, Atari and Logo, and 1982 date. However, the circuit is white with a trace that usually travels around the function buttons missing. I also noticed that the fire buttons have the three contact dots. Does anyone know of the flex circuit?

I've found white ones in some controllers, I don't have them readily available to check if the traces match what your describing. There are many different kinds of flex circuits. I think atari was really trying to get it to work, instead of design new inside for the controller. :)

The 5200 stick is basically a TV remote as far as the buttons go.

• 2 weeks later...

I learned some new things as well that I will be putting in an updated version of this manual. Good news is my 3 week vacation from college is about to start after next week so I should have some time to start on the revision then. I am going to have to add information about gluing POTs as I ran into an issue with the horizontal POT wanting to remove itself...making the controller fail. I'm currently trying out what glues work best and so far...Tacky glue seems to be the most reliable but it does take a while to set. I'm going to try some Guerrilla Glue next as well.

• 1 year later...