IGNORED

Is this a new record for Chase the Chuck Wagon?

nofrills100

1?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220694208873&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

$999!!!!

"Visible but minor scratches and scuffs you can always see on Spectravision labels due to its glossy grey color." had me thinking it was one of those hozer grey label CTCWs... but it does look to have a ligit silver label.

$999... who said there was a global financial crisis! icon_wink.gif

edit. I little strange, looking at the scans of the front of the box, there seems to be two different boxes in this listing, one with a crease on the left side, and the other with a ding in the middle... and no scans of the back of the box.... mm?

Edited by nofrills100

I suspect that at least a fair portion of the ridiculous prices we see are phony, to up the perceived (anticipated?) value (as mentioned above) later, when they'll re-list the item from another account.

I don't get the expensive collections. Sure, I'll bid generously on items that there's a chance I'll play or use. There are cases when I've bought games (etc) merely to complete a series - that is to say, it wasn't actually something I was crazy about or would play much - but BECAUSE IT WAS CHEAP.

I'm trying to understand (seriously) the benefit to expensive stuff like this. Going to play the hell out of it, and get your $1000 worth? Going to store it? What's the benefit? Bragging to your friends that you spent $1000 on an Atari cartridge? Sitting silently (or lying in bed) thinking "it's mine" though there will be little utility from it? Investment? Seriously, aren't there better commodities to invest in, or do serious investors (outside the videogame community) not know what they're missing out on, investing in foreign currency, gold, or whatever it is they trade in. I should think that if the economy was to **really** take it in the shorts, you wouldn't find many hungry, foreclosed people waving stacks of $100 bills to buy Chase the Chuckwagon. You might be able to chip off the corner of a gold bar and trade it for some food, though.

Edited by wood_jl
  • Like 1

I suspect that at least a fair portion of the ridiculous prices we see are phony, to up the perceived (anticipated?) value (as mentioned above) later, when they'll re-list the item from another account.

I don't get the expensive collections. Sure, I'll bid generously on items that there's a chance I'll play or use. There are cases when I've bought games (etc) merely to complete a series - that is to say, it wasn't actually something I was crazy about or would play much - but BECAUSE IT WAS CHEAP.

I'm trying to understand (seriously) the benefit to expensive stuff like this. Going to play the hell out of it, and get your $1000 worth? Going to store it? What's the benefit? Bragging to your friends that you spent $1000 on an Atari cartridge? Sitting silently (or lying in bed) thinking "it's mine" though there will be little utility from it? Investment? Seriously, aren't there better commodities to invest in, or do serious investors (outside the videogame community) not know what they're missing out on, investing in foreign currency, gold, or whatever it is they trade in. I should think that if the economy was to **really** take it in the shorts, you wouldn't find many hungry, foreclosed people waving stacks of $100 bills to buy Chase the Chuckwagon. You might be able to chip off the corner of a gold bar and trade it for some food, though.

Some people enjoy collecting. I am sure there are few that think of it as an investment, but most do not. Why do people collect baseball cards, stamps, coins, comic books, tropical fish, vinyl records, action figures, swords, guns, paintings, sculptures, civil war memorabilia, bicycles, watches, or cars? Because they like collecting. If you don't have the money you certainly shouldn't drop a grand on a 2600 game, but if it doesn't make a dent in your savings then good for you. Why not?

Some people enjoy collecting. I am sure there are few that think of it as an investment, but most do not. Why do people collect baseball cards, stamps, coins, comic books, tropical fish, vinyl records, action figures, swords, guns, paintings, sculptures, civil war memorabilia, bicycles, watches, or cars? Because they like collecting. If you don't have the money you certainly shouldn't drop a grand on a 2600 game, but if it doesn't make a dent in your savings then good for you. Why not?

Tropical fish? Really? Would they just die and then you'd be out your money?

Well she is a small dog, so I will need to wait for her to build up a sufficient load to ensure it well sealed. The chewing will also take awhile as she has small teeth, and I want it to get that authentic look so it can be rated an R11. I would say $1999.99 would be fair; that is standard for resellers, double the price correct? Should be ready in a day or two :roll: Cheers, FB :cool:

Well she is a small dog, so I will need to wait for her to build up a sufficient load to ensure it well sealed. The chewing will also take awhile as she has small teeth, and I want it to get that authentic look so it can be rated an R11. I would say $1999.99 would be fair; that is standard for resellers, double the price correct? Should be ready in a day or two icon_rolleyes.gif Cheers, FB icon_shades.gif

yes quite understandable given it is hand paw-made. And bear in mind all those hours of labour will need to be multiplied by 7.