IGNORED

Dead 5200?

svenski

My 2-port 5200 seems to have died.

Appears to be no power as power light doesn't come on. The power supply itself doesn't seem to be getting warm at all so I'm presuming the PSU is dead?

I'm using the original power supply through a converter here in the UK which has worked fine. The converter is working as I use it with some of my USA 8-bit stuff.

I'm thinking that as the Atari PSU isn't getting warm at all that is where the problem probably is. Can I use a third party supply (UK 240v) as long as I check output and polarity or will that fry the 5200?

Appears to be no power as power light doesn't come on. The power supply itself doesn't seem to be getting warm at all so I'm presuming the PSU is dead?

I'm using the original power supply through a converter here in the UK which has worked fine. The converter is working as I use it with some of my USA 8-bit stuff.

I'm thinking that as the Atari PSU isn't getting warm at all that is where the problem probably is. Can I use a third party supply (UK 240v) as long as I check output and polarity or will that fry the 5200?

yes it is not using any special voltage just 9-11v dc at about 1 amp

yes it is not using any special voltage just 9-11v dc at about 1 amp

Thanks !

You might check the fuse inside the PSU. These are prone to fail if there is a sudden spike in voltage received by the PSU. I have had many 5200 adapters fail because Power Plants in the USA can send surges without any warning which would result in the fuse blowing. It's a pain in the rear to get into but I would more than likely check this. To make sure, plug the PSU back in and stick your ear to the black box. If you hear a buzz then the PSU still works...it will be the fuse that has failed.