IGNORED

What's a good price for CIB Atari 7800?

Metal Ghost

Hi all. I'm looking towards the community for some insight. I'm trying to find a complete-in-box 7800. I've found one for $130....from what I can see in the picture the box looks like it's in good condition. Is that a fair price?

As a side note (and I've already put a post into 'Marketplace-Wanted' but as long as I'm here.... ;) ) I'm looking for a CIB Atari 7800. Hm, in case you haven't already figured that out!! LOL If anyone here has one or knows where to find one, can you please let me know? Doesn't need to be sealed, but must work and box must be in very good condition. Hoping to defray cost with an Atari 5200 CIB trade with games CIB.

Thanks! -Jeff

Hi all. I'm looking towards the community for some insight. I'm trying to find a complete-in-box 7800. I've found one for $130....from what I can see in the picture the box looks like it's in good condition. Is that a fair price?

As a side note (and I've already put a post into 'Marketplace-Wanted' but as long as I'm here.... ;) ) I'm looking for a CIB Atari 7800. Hm, in case you haven't already figured that out!! LOL If anyone here has one or knows where to find one, can you please let me know? Doesn't need to be sealed, but must work and box must be in very good condition. Hoping to defray cost with an Atari 5200 CIB trade with games CIB.

Thanks! -Jeff

I think a fair price is $1,000,000 dollars. Mya-hahaha-haaaaa.

Basically $80-$130 is a decent price for a boxed one. If you don't mind an unboxed one, I've seen some nice ones on ebay go for about $30-$40 without the box. You can always get a boxed one later, to add to your collection. Most collectors have 3-4 systems -- some boxed, some unboxed.

Good price is a subjective thing. What you might consider a good price might be a bad price to someone else and vice versa. Finding 7800's on their own, boxed or unboxed, isn't as easy as it seems, either. Usually they come with a bunch of games and accessories which bump up the price. Most of the ones that I have ever seen being sold on their own have been loose units with no controllers or power supply being sold as "untested", which means it was tested and found to be broken which is why the controllers, power supply, and any games they might have had were sold off separately. Why wouldn't you at least include the controllers and power supply if you didn't already know the console was broken?