IGNORED

eBay warning, seller sftca

Andre81

The eBay seller "sftca" from Venezuela is the same as "buysellven" who has been banned after he started to scam the buyers.

Feedback for buysellven

Buysellven is still a member, what were the problems people have been having? Quite a lot seemed to get their stuff, although a lot said shipping took ages.

I bought something from buysellven and it took around 45 days to arrive.

The feedback is private now but basically everyone was saying that they didn't get their stuff. It could be that the items never arrived or maybe it was taking 45-60 days to arrive and people were leaving feedback too early.

You only have 45 days to open a case against the seller for non-delivery and ebay's CS reps sometimes check if you left a negative feedback before filing a claim so it behooves the seller to make sure the item reaches the buyer before then because ebay may decide to refund the buyers money while the item is still in transit. Shipping an item from Venezuela to the US or Canada by the slow method is a sure way to get negged and lose any claims filed against you. They shouldn't even allow the buyer the option.

It could be that the items never arrived or maybe it was taking 45-60 days to arrive and people were leaving feedback too early.

Shipping took that long the whole year. And he had 1 negative feedback for 10 month and then suddenly another 45 within 6 weeks.

That might have to do with how ebay fixed the feedback system. It's very possible he was one of those douchebags that played games with feedback and never got negs because the buyers were afraid of retaliatory negs.

It could be that the items never arrived or maybe it was taking 45-60 days to arrive and people were leaving feedback too early.

Shipping took that long the whole year. And he had 1 negative feedback for 10 month and then suddenly another 45 within 6 weeks.

That might have to do with how ebay fixed the feedback system. It's very possible he was one of those douchebags that played games with feedback and never got negs because the buyers were afraid of retaliatory negs.

This is why I always insisted on getting my feedback as a buyer first or I leave none at all. As far as I'm concerned, once I pay you for what I bid on, I should get my positive feedback right away. I've carried out my end of the deal and usually within a few hours, most of the time within a few minutes, of the auction ending. Buyers should just get an automatic positive posted to their account by ebay that the seller has no say over once they've paid. It should only be the seller who has to wait for feedback from the buyer.

Edited by OldAtarian

Wow, 10 weeks to come from Venezeula to the US? How the heck is this guy mailing his items, smuggers? :)

I agree, if you're shipping from out of US/Canada TO either the US or Canada you should always go by the best shipping option and just charge more for it.

It takes a long time to drive from Venezuela to the United States. That's how the cheap shipping option usually works. The postal or delivery company workers aren't real keen about how quickly they dispatch the packages, either. They have to wait until they have enough packages to justify sending the truck out. They aren't going to make a delivery with only 1 or 2 packages in the truck. It might take them a month to accumulate enough deliveries to make it worthwhile.

Edited by OldAtarian

Ebay did some changes a couple months back. I remember forgetting to leave feedback on a couple items and a screen popped up asking me if there was a problem with the items and if I wanted to open a claim. Never seen that before on Ebay. Ebay is becoming more and more buyer friendly. The seller may have fallen victim to that. I know I bought a handful of things from these sellers and they all eventually did arrive. But if Ebay is popping up these messages if you don't leave feedback...

I'm still waiting for my parcel from buysellven too. I requested expedited shipping but 45 days passed with no news so I had to file a claim. Let's see what happens now... :(

Update: Ebay refunded my money right away, anyway yesterday I actually got the games! So he actually sent everything corretly and I paid the money again through PayPal.

Edited by roberto

• 1 month later...

Update...

I eventually received my games from buysellven, but they were poorly packaged and smashed beyond recognition by the time I got them. :x

Speaking of smashed games, beware of purchasing items from the eBay seller known as videogamesalot2011 (real name: Zenen Olivares).

eBay Feedback

He is shipping items from Texas, but is getting stuff from Venezuela. He possibly has connections to buysellven and others.

I bought two NIB Commodore 64 games from this seller. The seller charged $8 for shipping and sent the games in a large bubble envelope (at a cost of $3). He pocketed an extra $5 and I now have smashed, worthless games. I have filed a claim and negged the seller. Looking at his recent feedback, he has ripped other people off through gouging on shipping.

As more and more of these Venezuelan sellers pop up, they are proving to be unreliable at best and total con-artists at worst. Beware. :!:

I almost bought a compumate from them, but did not. Upon asking if it was NTSC or PAL, I was told that back then they didn't make different versions for Atari in those days. :roll:

AX

I bought 2 of them from them. They are NTSC. There is even a tiny little black sticker on the black part of the front of the box that has Q.C. Passed N

Matt

The eBay seller "sftca" from Venezuela is the same as "buysellven" who has been banned after he started to scam the buyers.

Feedback for buysellven

buysellven's negs have gone down from 41 to 32 in recent days. People getting their stuff and removing their negs?

probably users that are no longer on ebay, if you become a NARU your feedback is removed. Sooner or later bad buyers get themselves kicked off.

It looks like the guy that was posting here also got kicked off Ebay as I was watching several of his auctions today and they all disappeared from my watch list and he now has nothing up for sale. It's too bad this whole Venezuela situation wasn't better organized. It could have been great for classic collectors.