IGNORED

7800XM Plastics have arrived!

Curt Vendel

Well, if Atari itself wont bring hardware back, then its up the community to work together to do it. We've all been doing it for years with games, now its time to resurrect and enhance Atari hardware, together we can all work together to keep Atari alive in more then just spirit!

Curt

Next year (just a month or so away and about when much of this will start to come to fruition.) it will have been 20 years since Atari stopped production of the 7800. And, yet...there is new life.

Thanks to you (and to the others involved) for all of this, Curt. :love:

• Like 1

Well, if Atari itself wont bring hardware back, then its up the community to work together to do it. We've all been doing it for years with games, now its time to resurrect and enhance Atari hardware, together we can all work together to keep Atari alive in more then just spirit!

Curt

[

I like everything you just said, Curt!

Email me and we can discuss... curt@atarimuseum.com

The plastics just arrived about an hour ago, I brought 2 of the 16 boxes up to my office to check over and take a photo of to post...

Curt

post-23-129116170416_thumb.jpg

So what do you say to selling me 25 or 26 of these bad boys NOT put together (not just shells)?

AX

The plastics just arrived about an hour ago, I brought 2 of the 16 boxes up to my office to check over and take a photo of to post...

Curt

So what do you say to selling me 25 or 26 of these bad boys NOT put together (not just shells)?

AX

Hmmmm. Well this is just gonna end up costing me more money. At least I'll end up with two of these. :)

Email me and we can discuss... curt@atarimuseum.com

Curt

AX

:thumbsup: email set! :)

Curt

Next year (just a month or so away and about when much of this will start to come to fruition.) it will have been 20 years since Atari stopped production of the 7800. And, yet...there is new life.

Thanks to you (and to the others involved) for all of this, Curt. :love:

Ot of curiosity, what does the current incarnation of Atari think of this? Surely they must know that this is being produced. Are the getting a kick out of it, or are they more confused than anything else? They must appreciate that your keeping the Atari name relevant, but do they even "get" what your doing here?

Imagines the delivery person questioning why so many large boxes are being delivered to someones home...assuming that Curt's office is a home office, apart from his business office. Probably not, but it would be more fun that way. ;)

Special project, ax? ;)

(now where did I put that credit card...)

Edited by AtariNerd

Ot of curiosity, what does the current incarnation of Atari think of this? Surely they must know that this is being produced. Are the getting a kick out of it, or are they more confused than anything else? They must appreciate that your keeping the Atari name relevant, but do they even "get" what your doing here?

My guess is that current "Atari" hasn't the foggiest idea this exists... Oh maybe a couple of nerdy engineers that work around the office know about it and have mentioned it at the water cooler but I'd bet real money that Atari today (which is really just a brand name) has absolutely no clue about it and they [sadly] probably don't even care.

My guess is that current "Atari" hasn't the foggiest idea this exists...

We have a regular realtionship with them, they know everything we do. Most of our projects (such as the USB joysticks) are proposed to them first before Legacy goes off and does it on it's own.

Oh maybe a couple of nerdy engineers that work around the office

They don't have any engineers.

Edited by wgungfu

My guess is that current "Atari" hasn't the foggiest idea this exists... Oh maybe a couple of nerdy engineers that work around the office know about it and have mentioned it at the water cooler but I'd bet real money that Atari today (which is really just a brand name) has absolutely no clue about it and they [sadly] probably don't even care.

Shhh, has anyone checked to see when the last time Nolan has been on the site? *looking around*. JUST KIDDING! lol

Quick question: will the XM be a limited release item?

Enough of the casings are being created to meet the current demand and probably for some years to come, the electronics portion being able to be fabricated in batches as demand requires. The 7800 is kind of a niche market, of course, so demand may only ever get into the low 100's for an item such as this. So, technically, limited as to the demand there might be, but not limited as to the potential number created. You will be able to buy this a year, five years from now if there is a demand.

Collector-wise it's an item that will retain it's value, but as something one might be able to resell at significant profit on eBay a few years from now, not so much, as potential buyers might still buy it from the source.