IGNORED

HSC7 Game 20: Pole Position

I've found another bug. It seems you can get up to 227 speed if you trigger the 211 bug twice. :D

There's a worse bug. If you have a car on your right and a car ahead of you to your left (and you in the middle), then the speed doesn't increase if you're around 130 mph. I was at 132mph and for a long time those cars kept their distance and I couldn't go through them. Only after a while one of the cars changed speeds and I started accelerating.

Drift Kids team summary: All NTSC

A: Zylon= 28,150

B: Divya16= 38,950

C: Divya16= 38,500

D: Roadrunner= 56,650

E: Zylon= 91,300

F: Divya16= 57,250

G: Roadrunner= 44,100

I'll get back to playing some more when/if the parrot gives back my cx10 :ponder:

post-25215-129265162489_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon

I am running in PAL

We said no PAL unless you really struggle with the game - can't complete a couple of laps... (bluecat etc) otherwise I'd surely win (109,950 pb) ;) Get back to NTSC where you belong :thumbsup:

When I came up with the formulae I based it on the completion scores for the two systems 8 lap races, but I wasn't aware how much harder it is to complete the race (or even lap 4) on the NTSC version :ponder: Kudos to Marius for completing this already :thumbsup:

Well then you need to edit the first post... I don't have time to read 9 pages of thread and now I come to find that the time I did spend racing was wasted? Way to stay classy HSC ;-)

I am running in PAL

We said no PAL unless you really struggle with the game - can't complete a couple of laps... (bluecat etc) otherwise I'd surely win (109,950 pb) ;) Get back to NTSC where you belong :thumbsup:

When I came up with the formulae I based it on the completion scores for the two systems 8 lap races, but I wasn't aware how much harder it is to complete the race (or even lap 4) on the NTSC version :ponder: Kudos to Marius for completing this already :thumbsup:

Well then you need to edit the first post... I don't have time to read 9 pages of thread and now I come to find that the time I did spend racing was wasted? Way to stay classy HSC ;-)

Actually, a lot of people did PAL and had to redo their races. But it makes sense-- phase alternating so the phase alternated to NTSC. NTSC scores are comparitively so bad that the acronym now stands for "Never Talk about SCores."

But you have incentive since the winner wins a Pooh bear and his honey pot:

http://ginacreek.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/winnie_the_pooh_honey_invites.jpg

I am running in PAL

Actually, a lot of people did PAL and had to redo their races. But it makes sense-- phase alternating so the phase alternated to NTSC. NTSC scores are comparitively so bad that the acronym now stands for "Never Talk about SCores."

http://ginacreek.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/winnie_the_pooh_honey_invites.jpg

and PAL is Play Alot Longer ;)

I am running in PAL

http://ginacreek.fil...ney_invites.jpg

I don't really care, but I still think if there are rules listed in the main post they need to be accurate.

I am running in PAL

http://ginacreek.fil...ney_invites.jpg

I don't really care, but I still think if there are rules listed in the main post they need to be accurate.

I don't want to upset anyone, I too switched from my PAL XE to NTSC/emulator to make things fair ... if you really want to stay on PAL that's ok... Initially I thought we'd have a few PAL players and could have separate teams or one in each team but most players are NTSC... I did update the 1st post and there were several posts with this info but there have been so many (which is good :thumbsup: ) Let me buy you a virtual beer ;)

Mister VCS - I deleted the duplicate post but not sure if I deleted another one too :D Hope you get some team mates soon ;)

So, everyone is playing NTSC now? I guess I should pay more attention. I have no choice (NTSC only unless I play emulated, which I don't do).

[not that there's anything wrong with emulators]

apart from their drinking, stealing and generally being evil :D

Season Finale Game 21 Vote Open :!:

My Internet was down for a whole day and a half...Ohh..the horrors!!(got to spend a little extra time with PAM instead :D )

Team score table so far:

The Road Warriors

We don'tdo have a motto: "Ride to live, live to ride"

Atarianna(P), Atariron82(N), & OfficialNinja(N)

A-Malibu Grand Prix(1 lap )--?? :) ??(atarianna)

B-Malibu Grand Prix(2 laps)--39,200(OfficialNinja)

C-Namco Speedway(2 laps)---35,450(atariron82)

D-Namco Speedway(4 laps)---55,900(atariron82)

E-Namco Speedway(8 laps)---42,500(OfficialNinja)

F-Atari Grand Prix (8 laps)--54,600(atariron82)

G-Atari GP(driver#2-8 laps)--?? ?? ??(OfficialNinja)

My pics: C, D & F

post-21471-129268976585_thumb.pngpost-21471-12927024626_thumb.pngpost-21471-129268983832_thumb.png

@Atarianna: Hope to see your "A" score soon when you get your Emu up and running :)

@OfficialNinja: F/G are really tough to finish. See how you can do at race G. I ran out of time just shy of the fifth lap. Did you want to tackle E or D?

Edited by atariron82

Drift Kids team summary: All NTSC

C: Divya16= 38,500

I'll get back to playing some more when/if the parrot gives back my cx10 :ponder:

Okay, any score update copy the whole table and update the score. I just updated race C with picture proof below. All NTSC.

C: Divya16= 39,200

Okay, Roadrunner, we need another 10K from you.

post-16716-129269125569_thumb.jpg

C: Divya16= 39,200

E: Zylon= 101,050

G: Roadrunner= 44,350

Improved E 101,050. Didn't have 10k handy. You'll have to settle for 9.75k ;)

Updated 9:05pm

post-25215-129270719035_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon

E-48,850

Way to go gwobby (so you found the Hi gear ;) Have a bash at race D and race G too :thumbsup:

Tables on post 230 updated :)

Marius - that's for you guys to decide - please update your team summary soon!

Mister VCS - you could have a bash at race F/G too.

Race D - 56,650

Race G - 44,100

I'm getting oh so close to lap 4 on race G.

D is good. Just need to improve G. Why don't you try the Atari Grand Prix instead of Datasoft? Maybe there's a difference. I certainly saw some difference in the pac-man implementations of the two companies. Zylon, I am not keeping track of your scores. Can you post the table for our team with Roadrunners results as well?

I tried race F and only got 44,350

The more i play PP the worse i'm doing.

But the good thing is i have about a week left to do better. :ponder:

1st 14+2=16pts

WinningThePooh

motto "Slow down before the black sign."

atariksi (N), 4ks (N), marius1976 (N)

A: 27,500 (4Ks)

B: 38,900 (Marius)

C: 39,350 (Atariksi)

D: 60,050 (Marius) *B*

E: 91,100 (Atariksi)

F: 106,450 (Marius) *B*

G: 80,250 (Atariksi)

Improved race G. Will give race E another go.

Marius, try to improve on B; you could win the triple crown here-- best in all three of your races. Otherwise, we will use 4Ks race B as I don't think it will affect our position in standings. That means, 4Ks you should try to improve your score > 37K.

post-12094-129272568185_thumb.jpg

1st 14+2=16pts

WinningThePooh

motto "Slow down before the black sign."

atariksi (N), 4ks (N), marius1976 (N)

E: 91,100 (Atariksi)

Improved race G. Will give race E another go.

Marius, try to improve on B; you could win the triple crown here-- best in all three of your races. Otherwise, we will use 4Ks race B as I don't think it will affect our position in standings. That means, 4Ks you should try to improve your score > 37K.

E: 101,900 (Atariksi)

Almost finished E but crashed in lap 8 twice and missed the finish line by a few seconds. Used too much cloak in the next run and got 100K although with only one crash instead of 101.9K. Just got too many cars in a row who wouldn't budge their positions and cost me a bunch of cloak.

post-12094-129274161472_thumb.jpg

You've had enough time to get sorted :!: Are you nominating 4Ks for race B :?:

You've had enough time to get sorted :!: Are you nominating 4Ks for race B :?:

Yeah. I think it's better to keep an even spread. I actually got past 39K in race B so we'll go for 4Ks here.

Okay, 4Ks you're race A & B.