IGNORED

HSC7 Game 20: Pole Position

WOOHOOO! FINISHED RACE F/G with a score of 102,150

Well done young Gwobby, that moves Team GOPE up a place, checkout Post 230 ;)

Now see if you can all improve your other scores - yes YOU MOPCHOP :P

Don't forget to vote for the Season Finale: Game 21 :!: :)

I have improved a score, d- 59,450, now to try E again

That's pretty good. I may need to make one of my NTSC machines slow down to PAL if that's doable. I tried playing avoiding accidents but using a lot of cloak and I still couldn't finish that race G.

• Like 1

That's pretty good. I may need to make one of my NTSC machines slow down to PAL if that's doable. I tried playing avoiding accidents but using a lot of cloak and I still couldn't finish that race G.

cloak?

• Like 1

I don't think a couple of these made it into the updated scoreboard: (see races B and D). It doesn't change are standing right now, though. a8isa1 and orpheus will have to verify these.

A Orpheus 28000

B Fres 39450 (B)

C Steves 38300

D Fres 58200

E Orpheus 75100

F Fres 78400

G Steves 43650

cloak?

Yeah, Marius made them a version with the cloak from Preppie II so they can pass through the other cars :D

I've blown it again and again, just got to lap 5 66K on Atari GP but keep on crashing :x C'mon sloop and littleman let's get a few more points on the board ;)

I like the way on the NTSC ver to get pole it's programmed to coincide with passing the car over the line. How come though on lap one, by the end of the first straight you are already catching the back markers.. my theory is that they are such bad drivers (if we were winning could risk insulting some other team at this stage :ponder: ) that they put it into reverse and then realise their mistake. Also is it possible/has anyone crashed and taken out two other cars? What about crashing into a car that is changing lanes, when you are in the middle on a straight - I don't think this is possible?

Yes this game is getting to me :-o

p.s. Tables Updated

p.p.s. atarianna c'mon lets get racing :twisted:

p.p.p.s Fres when you post I read it in Clevelands voice (no not out loud) :D

cloak?

Yeah, Marius made them a version with the cloak from Preppie II so they can pass through the other cars :D

I've blown it again and again, just got to lap 5 66K on Atari GP but keep on crashing :x C'mon sloop and littleman let's get a few more points on the board ;)

I like the way on the NTSC ver to get pole it's programmed to coincide with passing the car over the line. How come though on lap one, by the end of the first straight you are already catching the back markers.. my theory is that they are such bad drivers (if we were winning could risk insulting some other team at this stage :ponder: ) that they put it into reverse and then realise their mistake. Also is it possible/has anyone crashed and taken out two other cars? What about crashing into a car that is changing lanes, when you are in the middle on a straight - I don't think this is possible?

p.s. Tables Updated

I got that Preppie II reference as well. I wish we had a cloak for this one. I could avoid that brown/red sign on the right after that very sharp curve.

And I also wondered about why there are those cars on the first straightaway. How did they get there? They couldn't possibly be the back drivers. There wasn't enough time or road to lap them yet. Maybe the Atari and Datasoft people allow other races to be held during our races, and that's why there are so many cars on the road. :P Or maybe, this is not a real race track, but a highway outside a major city. That would explain the signs on the roadside. But I digress . . .

trbb, I'm still playing, but I have yet to top my old scores. So I'll keep trying and hopefully get us some more points soon.

Nice scores, Orpheus.

If I'm keeping up with all of these correctly, that puts the Runners of Milk at:

A A8isA1 28000

B Fres 39450

C A8isA1 38300

D Fres 58200

E OrpheusWaking 104350

F Fres 78400

G OrpheusWaking 91650

Notes: I removed the *B* from my own B score, because I heard a rumor from a (resonably) reliable source that is was no longer earned. Also, I had the lineup wrong in my most recent update. This is should be the correct one.

One more thing... Will there be bonus points in both races F and G? Apologies if this has already been addressed. This thread has gotten big.

cloak?

p.s. Tables Updated

I got that Preppie II reference as well. I wish we had a cloak for this one. I could avoid that brown/red sign on the right after that very sharp curve.

And I also wondered about why there are those cars on the first straightaway. How did they get there? They couldn't possibly be the back drivers. There wasn't enough time or road to lap them yet. Maybe the Atari and Datasoft people allow other races to be held during our races, and that's why there are so many cars on the road. :P Or maybe, this is not a real race track, but a highway outside a major city. That would explain the signs on the roadside. But I digress . . .

It's an inverse cloak. You press the button and the other cars gradually disappear going away from you.

How did those other cars get there-- wrong turns maybe from another racetrack and the futuristic ones have the hyperspace feature.

It does seem there are more cars in some laps and bunched up as well. Anyway, I just realized that I have been playing with a partly bad joystick-- the right direction doesn't always register and I still almost finished that Race E.

Now my hands look like this - post-6732-12929791216_thumb.jpg

These are my final scores for E and G, again both raced in NTSC

E = 109750 post-6732-1292979124_thumb.jpg

G= 104550 post-6732-129297912258_thumb.jpg

Some hints... May have already been posted by others, but I haven't been all the way through the thread.

• Know where all the billboards are, this way if you are in a pinch and you have cars in both lanes cut onto the grass and go around that way, Works best on curves. Use this as little as possible due to the slowdown of speed on the grass
  • on the straightaway leading to the finish line stay dead center and you will hit top speed going into your next lap as you don't have to avoid cars (think this one was already posted)
  • The final left turn with the red billboard seems to get a lot of people, this is the ONLY part of the track I will use the Brakes for. Depending on where you have cars in relation to you, you may also want to cut that corner onto the grass at full speed. either way keeps you from hitting that red billboard
  • I try to avoid crashing into anything in the first three laps as much as possible, this builds me up enough time that if I DO crash later I'll be okay.

Gross :!:

Well the pain was worth the gain, as the milk runners have frothed to the top of the leaderboard Post 230

An Additional * Bonus Point * will be awarded for the fastest qualifying time on the Atari GP/Datasoft 500 All drivers can post :)

If you are still missing drivers the two of you can post scores for all races in a 3/4 split. If anyone else wants to play they can be added later. c'on beamer jump in that car ;)

my personal motto " :x it I crashed again"

Vote here for the season finale

*snip for calrity*

An Additional * Bonus Point * will be awarded for the fastest qualifying time on the Atari GP/Datasoft 500 All drivers can post :)

*snip for clarity*

i figured fastest qualifying would be a natural for a bonus point from the start... but like on A or B (mine so far i have seen, but not my best is 54"71) but i guess i will have to keep an eye on my qualifying...

you havent truely crashed until you have hit a car, went into two more, and finished it off with a sign :'D

sloopy.

*snip for calrity*

*snip for clarity*

i figured fastest qualifying would be a natural for a bonus point from the start... but like on A or B (mine so far i have seen, but not my best is 54"71) but i guess i will have to keep an eye on my qualifying...

you havent truely crashed until you have hit a car, went into two more, and finished it off with a sign :'D

sloopy.

That's good. I was thinking time meaning as in "32 seconds" left when you finish the qualifying round.

Okay Marius get to work on this bonus point. I should be playing more pole position than arguing as we have no falled behind by a few thousand points.

We need that Pooh.

Ehmm... I don't understand that qualifying point...

So on Atari GP ... who did the fastest qualifying gets a bonus point?

One thing: it is rather easy to cheat on this one since you don't see in the POLE POSITION screen which race it was. So there is no difference in graphics/txt between Malibu/Namco or Atari GP on PolePosition screen.

I drove 58"36 this time, but I think I can do faster!

Greetz

Marius

All entries for races F&G are going for a single bonus point.

Plue every1 can have a go for the fastest qualifying time on Atari GP only (I trust you ;) )

My best so far 57:95...

post-19705-129305911659_thumb.png

about to have another session on Race F to see if we can catch the top two teams a bit :ponder: after I've watched the latest video clips ;)