IGNORED

HSC7 Game 20: Pole Position

All entries for races F&G are going for a single bonus point.

Plue every1 can have a go for the fastest qualifying time on Atari GP only (I trust you ;) )

My best so far 57:95...

post-19705-129305911659_thumb.png

about to have another session on Race F to see if we can catch the top two teams a bit :ponder: after I've watched the latest video clips ;)

You can send him to whoever needs him, his specialty is finger chewing. ;)

I got 57.29

post-25215-129307188287_thumb.jpg

post-25215-129307661882_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon

*snip for calrity*

An Additional * Bonus Point * will be awarded for the fastest qualifying time on the Atari GP/Datasoft 500 All drivers can post :)

*snip for clarity*

my personal motto " :x it I crashed again"

Vote here for the season finale

i figured fastest qualifying would be a natural for a bonus point from the start... but like on A or B (mine so far i have seen, but not my best is 54"71) but i guess i will have to keep an eye on my qualifying...

you havent truely crashed until you have hit a car, went into two more, and finished it off with a sign :'D

sloopy.

Sloopy,

I had a similar crash.

I crashed into another car and ended up in front of a sign. So then when I began again I had no choice but to hit the sign. Which then resulted in losing so much time that I couldn't complete the lap. Yikes. I hope to never do that again. :P

Edited by littleman jack

E - 90200

Table updated, maybe deteacher will play :?: ;)

If you're reading this and haven't played jump in a car as two teams need a third driver :D

I've just had 10 goes in a row on the Atari GP and the best I did was the last bend on Lap 5. Kudos to those who have completed this on NTSC, I am seriously impressed :!:

p.s. Is that sleigh bells I hear :ponder:

E - 90200

Table updated, maybe deteacher will play :?: ;)

If you're reading this and haven't played jump in a car as two teams need a third driver :D

I've just had 10 goes in a row on the Atari GP and the best I did was the last bend on Lap 5. Kudos to those who have completed this on NTSC, I am seriously impressed :!:

p.s. Is that sleigh bells I hear :ponder:

I got 58"20 on qualifying round after a few more goes.

Still time for a late surge up the table phaxda, checkout Post 1 for the races and Post 230 for the scores, you'll need to race 2 of them - Race G and one other!

At last thereandbacksters', an improvement (and capturing another bonus point he he)

Race D: 61,250

post-19705-129319754984_thumb.png

Still struggling to complete lap 5 on Atari GP but haven't give up just yet ;)

Fastest Lap I managed a stonking 55:82 (are we sure the emulators are accurate?!)

post-19705-129319765222_thumb.png

More from the there and backsters:

slight improvement in race A---27,950

And an attempt at the qualifying time for the bonus--58:82

(trbb, your 55:82 is amazing).

I finally got to lap 6 in Race E, but crashed so many times that I didn't top my high score yet. I keep hitting major traffic jams on the final left turn and either slow down or crash. The hints have helped though. When I can, I go left off the track in order to make it through that final left, and it is faster than using the breaks (or hitting the sign :) )

Edited by littleman jack

Still time for a late surge up the table phaxda, checkout Post 1 for the races and Post 230 for the scores, you'll need to race 2 of them - Race G and one other!

At last thereandbacksters', an improvement (and capturing another bonus point he he)

Race D: 61,250

post-19705-129319754984_thumb.png

Still struggling to complete lap 5 on Atari GP but haven't give up just yet ;)

Fastest Lap I managed a stonking 55:82 (are we sure the emulators are accurate?!)

post-19705-129319765222_thumb.png

I tried a few games with the emulator but the motion definitely appears different from a real machine's video screen -- maybe refresh rates aren't the same or not integer multiples of NTSC rate.

Well ... it was fun... but I have to say: starting up the emulator and playing the game each time on it... does not give me the thrill as playing on real equipment.

The ONLY benefit of the emulator so far is that it is easy to create a screenshot. In next games on HSC I stick to my real 800XL.

I check this thread several times a day (hehe I'm nuts) and everytime I think ooooh let me try to beat that, and as soon as I launched my emulator my motivation is gone.

Anybody same feeling(s)?

Well ... it was fun... but I have to say: starting up the emulator and playing the game each time on it... does not give me the thrill as playing on real equipment.

The ONLY benefit of the emulator so far is that it is easy to create a screenshot. In next games on HSC I stick to my real 800XL.

I check this thread several times a day (hehe I'm nuts) and everytime I think ooooh let me try to beat that, and as soon as I launched my emulator my motivation is gone.

Anybody same feeling(s)?

I thought I'd feel the same, but have to admit PP has been much more thrilling on NTSC (full screen and atari joystick so not too aware of the PC apart from the annoying slowdowns. Though back to my XE from now on. If you can make the PAL version a little harder, make it so it is posible *just* to get pole and maybe have a couple of versions or difficulty levels. Then there's all the hacked track versions for flag fixing!!!

Table Updated.

Happy Christmas Everyone :)

Anybody same feeling(s)?

Looks like BountyBob is beating you at race C. Maybe want to give it a last go before contest ends.

Here's my time for Atari Grand Prix qualifying round. I have all my relatives over and got them all playing Pole Position Atari Grand Prix and these people find it tough and they are modern gamers.

post-12094-12933665811_thumb.jpg