IGNORED

HSC7 Game 20: Pole Position

TEAMS?? It's bad enough having to be a "team player" to get a job these days. Why is everything "teams" now? I'm not a "team player". I refuse to be a "team player"! You know how The Road Warrior got killed?? He went from being a loner to joining a team of settlers. He would have been perfectly fine if he stayed "a shell of a man", roaming the desert in his V8 Interceptor with his mangy dog. Yeah, that's right. Teamwork killed him! There's no way I'm getting myself killed playing "Team Pole Position"!

Performance is still individual but there's team points and individual points as I understand it. So we'll let you do the hardest races as you are good at this game. Let me know if you are in and suggest some team name.

TEAMS?? It's bad enough having to be a "team player" to get a job these days. Why is everything "teams" now? I'm not a "team player". I refuse to be a "team player"! You know how The Road Warrior got killed?? He went from being a loner to joining a team of settlers. He would have been perfectly fine if he stayed "a shell of a man", roaming the desert in his V8 Interceptor with his mangy dog. Yeah, that's right. Teamwork killed him! There's no way I'm getting myself killed playing "Team Pole Position"!

Performance is still individual but there's team points and individual points as I understand it. So we'll let you do the hardest races as you are good at this game. Let me know if you are in and suggest some team name.

Obviously, a good team name would be "The Road Warriors"... but I'm not joining the team.

So how do we decide which team member drives each race?

Well, we haven't heard from out 3rd team member yet. Once he replies, we can pick whichever race we want to drive. I don't mind driving any.

I had a few warm up goes at 2 tracks i was thinking of racing.

8 laps namco speedway NTSC, i got just over 50k

and 8 laps on atari GP (datasoft 500) NTSC, i got just over 60k

Maybe i shouldn't race these 2 tracks. :ponder:

By the way... this game starts always with the Prepare to Qualify round.

So when I setup my Pole Position to play Race A... (which is 1 lap) ... I actually play TWO laps. One (Qualify Round) and Second the 1st lap of Malibu.

Am I right?

Greetz

Marius

I haven't played any 1 lap races yet, but that sounds right. Qualify for 1 lap and in a one lap race it should end after 1 lap. :)

Obviously, a good team name would be "The Road Warriors"... but I'm not joining the team.

@atariksi

Does this mean I'm on your team then :D

I'd by VERY thankful!

(And practicing already)

Greetz

Marius

Yep, you're on my team. You can start practicing along with 4Ks as the hard races have to be run by different driver so it's one of you two or maybe both.

Yep, you're on my team. You can start practicing along with 4Ks as the hard races have to be run by different driver so it's one of you two or maybe both.

Cool!

Thanks!

Marius

Thus completes our team. 8)

Now we need to declare ourselves as NTSC or PAL (see OP). I'm using Atari800WinPlus, but I always play on NTSC if I can.

Now we need to declare ourselves as NTSC or PAL (see OP). I'm using Atari800WinPlus, but I always play on NTSC if I can.

Yeah. I'm on real equipment (800xl - 576KB) and in PAL-land (Netherlands) ...

Which races will I drive? I can do 'any' race, so it does not matter to me.

You guys can decide!

Thanks

Marius

Cool!

Thanks!

Marius

Try both and see which gives you better results taking into account the 500 point deduction per lap.

Yeah. I'm on real equipment (800xl - 576KB) and in PAL-land (Netherlands) ...

Which races will I drive? I can do 'any' race, so it does not matter to me.

You guys can decide!

Thanks

Marius

Try all three races and see how far you can go without crashing.

It seems that all the "routes" are the same, but the amount of other cars is different...

Am I right?

I did not notice any difference between Malibu, Namco and Atari GP ... only the amount of other cars.

the more cars the cooler by the way. This game rocks on Atari GP.

It seems that all the "routes" are the same, but the amount of other cars is different...

Am I right?

I did not notice any difference between Malibu, Namco and Atari GP ... only the amount of other cars.

I just ran a few races and you're right-- the course is the same. So see how many laps you can do on Atari GP. I usually play this game on default and I can finish that 4 laps without crashing on the Malibu.

Am I right?

I just ran a few races and you're right-- the course is the same. So see how many laps you can do on Atari GP. I usually play this game on default and I can finish that 4 laps without crashing on the Malibu.

Huh, I never noticed that.

I've never finished a race yet on any version of this. Only tried the A8 version once and made it to 4th lap on default. Then again, I've never seriously played this one on any system till yesterday.

I'll take you on my team as 3rd person never showed up. So it's RoadRunner, you, and me. I guess you do need to practice that Atari GP as on emulator the controls are not that good so doing with real joystick and real machine would help our team score.

@atariksi

Well I drove the hardest level (Atari GP) and I managed to drive the 8 laps... Crashed once in lap 6... but I could have prevented that. So I'll practice more, but you can count me in on any "Race" (A - G).

On the easiest (1 lap Malibu) I really got an amazing score.

@all

One more question. In the normale High Score Club I see people can keep sending screenshots and new scores. The highest score count. Is that also an option here? Or can you only send in ONE result/race/person, and that's it or can we improve and send new scores?

I've never finished a race yet on any version of this. Only tried the A8 version once and made it to 4th lap on default. Then again, I've never seriously played this one on any system till yesterday.

I'll take you on my team as 3rd person never showed up. So it's RoadRunner, you, and me. I guess you do need to practice that Atari GP as on emulator the controls are not that good so doing with real joystick and real machine would help our team score.

Ok. I'll run a couple tonight and see what I get. So far,the only time I played this one I got higher score than my best at 5200 version. Should be able to play a presentable game.

Update: played about a half hour, managed to complete one 4 malibu but can't get past lap 2 on atari gp thus far.

Edited by zylon

Chips are Down Racing? i dunno, name of the team isnt that big a deal to me, the score by the team are...

pick the races you want and i will take what ever is left...

i have this on cart, and i can play on emu with a cx-40 :')

so if i play an * race, i will do it on both NTSC/PAL, and post the higher adjusted score...

sloopy.

Sounds good. I'll start racing this Friday or Saturday.

Ok. I'll run a couple tonight and see what I get. So far,the only time I played this one I got higher score than my best at 5200 version. Should be able to play a presentable game.

Update: played about a half hour, managed to complete one 4 malibu but can't get past lap 2 on atari gp thus far.

Okay, so I'm assigning the races. You go for E and G (both 8 laps). I guess you can get past 4 laps at least on each one.

Roadrunner: do races A and B.

I'll try races C,D, and F.

So we should be all set.

Okay, so I'm assigning the races. You go for E and G (both 8 laps). I guess you can get past 4 laps at least on each one.

Roadrunner: do races A and B.

I'll try races C,D, and F.

So we should be all set.

Okay, I'll start off the racing. Here's my score for race D (4 laps of namco):

post-16716-129190733054_thumb.jpg