IGNORED

HSC7 Game 20: Pole Position

I've never finished a race yet on any version of this. Only tried the A8 version once and made it to 4th lap on default. Then again, I've never seriously played this one on any system till yesterday.

I'll take you on my team as 3rd person never showed up. So it's RoadRunner, you, and me. I guess you do need to practice that Atari GP as on emulator the controls are not that good so doing with real joystick and real machine would help our team score.

Ok. I'll run a couple tonight and see what I get. So far,the only time I played this one I got higher score than my best at 5200 version. Should be able to play a presentable game.

Update: played about a half hour, managed to complete one 4 malibu but can't get past lap 2 on atari gp thus far.

Okay, so I'm assigning the races. You go for E and G (both 8 laps). I guess you can get past 4 laps at least on each one.

Roadrunner: do races A and B.

I'll try races C,D, and F.

So we should be all set.

Okay, I'll start off the racing. Here's my score for race D (4 laps of namco):

Here's for race C and F. Did real good on C getting pole position but bad on grand prix. Need to try that grand prix again (race F) since I didn't get too far.

post-16716-129191021512_thumb.jpg

post-16716-129191022824_thumb.jpg

I've never finished a race yet on any version of this. Only tried the A8 version once and made it to 4th lap on default. Then again, I've never seriously played this one on any system till yesterday.

I'll take you on my team as 3rd person never showed up. So it's RoadRunner, you, and me. I guess you do need to practice that Atari GP as on emulator the controls are not that good so doing with real joystick and real machine would help our team score.

Ok. I'll run a couple tonight and see what I get. So far,the only time I played this one I got higher score than my best at 5200 version. Should be able to play a presentable game.

Update: played about a half hour, managed to complete one 4 malibu but can't get past lap 2 on atari gp thus far.

Okay, so I'm assigning the races. You go for E and G (both 8 laps). I guess you can get past 4 laps at least on each one.

So we should be all set.

Are you sure you don't want me to race E and G?

I got over 76k on Datasoft 500 NTSC and over 88k on Namco speedway NTSC. :)

As i asked before... Is it ok to post scores more than once? So let's say i drive race A and post my score but then i improve and have better result ... Is it allowed to post again ?

Should be. Anyway, do races B and F.

4ks: do races A and D.

I'll do C, E, and G.

Got it. I'll post my scores tonight.

As i asked before... Is it ok to post scores more than once? So let's say i drive race A and post my score but then i improve and have better result ... Is it allowed to post again ?

Should be. Anyway, do races B and F.

4ks: do races A and D.

I'll do C, E, and G.

Got it. I'll post my scores tonight.

You may need to practice the D race a bit since that's 4 laps.

Strange thing:

Max speed is 195MPH during race...

But in the END part... when you are pass a few cars after each others, your high speed goes higher...

I have reached 211MPH in the slot sequence sometimes.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Is there another way to get that fast? I seem not to get faster than 195MPH...

Strange? I did add a screenshot, where you can see 211MPH... I faded out my score so the score-keeper does not get confused. This was not a result to post here :D

Marius

So we should be all set.

If you want em, go for it. I've yet to pass 2 laps yet on the 8 lap versions. I can't really play till Saturday. After that, I'll be home all week.

Fres, Orpheuswaking and I (a8isa1) will be a team.

I have question.

Are the races for each team member to be chosen ahead of time? or are all races to be run by every player and the better scores combination is submitted?

-Steve Sheppard

[edit]

Oops!

Team selection announcement is redundant.

Edited by a8isa1

So we should be all set.

If you want em, go for it. I've yet to pass 2 laps yet on the 8 lap versions. I can't really play till Saturday. After that, I'll be home all week.

Cool, i'll take races E and G. :cool: I'll try my best not to let my team down. :)

Fres, Orpheuswaking and I (a8isa1) will be a team.

I have question.

Are the races for each team member to be chosen ahead of time? or are all races to be run by every player and the better scores combination is submitted?

-Steve Sheppard

[edit]

Oops!

Team selection announcement is redundant.

If everyone did every race, it wouldn't be a team game. Plus the fact that F & G have to be run by different drives proves that you have to split up the races amongst the three members. Either 3:2:2 or 4:2:1 ratios.

@4ks

Are you sure you did setup the game right?? In the screen i still read Malibu grand prix - Laps 4

In my setup after i finished one lap (and i setup 1 lap) i read

Malibu Grand Prix - Laps 1

I ask this because of the bonus rewards. When you simply drive 1 lap in 4 Laps race you don't get the bonus points!

Well folks you have been busy :thumbsup: I've clarified a couple of things on the first post but here goes:

- Teams can be mixed PAL & NTSC

- Each team decides who does which race up front

- You have a week to sort this out as there may only be one driver who can complete the hard 8 lappers

- You can post a few provisional scores to help decide this

- But no switching around after Friday the 17th Dec.

- Set the laps and race using select(F3) and option(F4)

Here's the teams as of Mon 13th

There and Back

motto "Lets make this an administrative nightmare!"

therealbountybob (N)

sloopy (N)

littleman jack (N)

Drift Kids

Divya16 (N)

roadrunner (N)

zylon (N)

WinningThePooh

motto "Slow down before the black sign."

atariksi (N)

4ks (N)

marius1976 (N)

The Aging Racers

Mister VCS (P)

goochman (N)

phaxda (N)

Milk Runners

a8isa1 (N)

orpheuswaking (N)

Fres (N)

Team GOPE

motto "Hope not GOPE"

Gwobby (P)

bluecat (P)

mopchop (P)

The Road Warriors

atariron82 (N)

Official Ninja (N)

atarianna (P)

Other players who are interested get posting :D

I think I've roped in my sister atarianna (P) once she gets the emulator up and running so there's one... and Mr.Amiga, c'mon and take one for the HSC team :)

If I missed (or more likely messed up) anything then please post. I'd like the teams to keep track of their own scores and post a summary every so often, thanks. Start racing whenever you like ;)

Vote for the season finale here

re our team; can both of you usually complete the hard 8 lappers :?: I'm thinking I should do one of F or G and the better of you guys the other, then whoever is left goes for E :?:

Cool, i'll take races E and G. :cool: I'll try my best not to let my team down. :)

I did trial runs on E and F/G best I got was 40-50k on each. I did a run of A & B and got nearly perfect scores as best I can tell.

Edited by zylon

My Best on race F or G is around 104500 points now (PAL)

The highest I got on Race A was 29000 (PAL). It's not my race to drive, but I think that is rather around the highest possible.

All on real equipment.

Another thing: Did someone notice my post about the 211MPH in the end-sequence of the Race? Rather strang eh?

The highest I got on Race A was 29000 (PAL). It's not my race to drive, but I think that is rather around the highest possible.

All on real equipment.

Another thing: Did someone notice my post about the 211MPH in the end-sequence of the Race? Rather strang eh?

That is rather wierd( the display).

Your race A got me by a couple using the conversion formula but that's good to know. Means I have room to tweak my runs a bit. :)

Edited by zylon

@4ks

Are you sure you did setup the game right?? In the screen i still read Malibu grand prix - Laps 4

In my setup after i finished one lap (and i setup 1 lap) i read

Malibu Grand Prix - Laps 1

I ask this because of the bonus rewards. When you simply drive 1 lap in 4 Laps race you don't get the bonus points!

I was wondering about that. The default setting was Malibu Grand Prix - Laps 4, which I assumed was supposed to be Race A.

Ah, looking back at the OP, race A is Monaco GP 1 Lap. I'll go race that.

Edited by 4Ks

All on real equipment.

Since we can still switch drivers, I guess another ratio is 3:3:1. So if you can do better than 4Ks on race D, you can do B,D,F. 4Ks did pretty good for race A so let's stick to him for race A.

Yeah, I have noticed the 211mph. It's just a bug it looks like and didn't seem to affect my score. Maybe it does but wasn't noticeable since I didn't move at that pace for a long enough time.