IGNORED

Lode Runner question

Brian R.

What pudding? j/k

I'm famished!

Why are you running it with the boring phosphor green color?

Well if you read my post above (and pretty much every other post here where I mention Applewin) you'll notice I ALWAYS mention how I like to run my games in MONOCHROME GREEN. Since that's the kind of monitor I had, it just makes me all warm and fuzzy when I play games that way again :P And of course when I want to play in color, it takes all of 2 clicks so it's never any problem ;) Actually.. it takes a bit more effort to get the display in Applewin all green like that, as you have to choose from the color pallette.. but for me, it's worth it :D

• 3 months later...

hehe... I don't normally dig-up old conversations but...

CTIA artifacts in blue/green, GTIA in 400/800 artifacts in green/blue and GTIA in XL/XEs artifacts in red/blue.

Got this from jindroush's hardware info page.

I didn't know they had 400's/800's with the GTIA chip. Or was that a user hack upgrade? musta had something to do with the video out timer?? I don't know much about hardware and how it works.

ok thanks it's a little hard to recall all this information so many years later ya'll guys are really bringing back some memories. I dabbled with 8-bit emulation a couple years ago, but then kinda got involved with other things.

Once I sold my Atari 400 (for an 800xl I believe) I never really kept up much on the older systems. I was just thinking the other night that I forgot what the second cartridge slot in the 800 was used for.

Though I did remember one thing. I think there was some 80 column display cart you could plug into it. Which atari computer was the ATR hardware useable on?