IGNORED

Kiwi's Blog - Game Gear 2 more capicators replacement

RSS Bot

Today, well yesterday since it's 1 am right now. I decided to crack open the Game Gear to correct an issue. The issue was, when you flip on the Game Gear, it would looks like Vasiline smeared on the screen, you know N64 graphics(here's an audience booing). Okok. So it would look like that and then about 30 seconds it would correct itself. In SMS mode, it would be more a problem since the screen won't stabilize itself. Now the problem is, there was one more 10uf 6.3v cap to replace and a few questionable one like the 33uf one and the 100uf 4v one. The 10uf was not leaking, but it not functioning until it get warmed up. So it isn't building up charge as quickly as it can until about 30 seconds. It's dry so I replaced that, the issue was corrected. I replaced the 33uf anyway, because I think it is related to the screen. Then the 100uf 4v with the 100uf 6.3v, to see if it get rid of the pulsing screen, but didn't. I stopped and close the Game Gear up. ...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/blog/340/entry-7682-game-gear-2-more-capicators-replacement/