IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

????? What the hell? I saw that auction and laughed at how they'd put the system on top of a pile of games, ensuring they'll be crushed. :) unless there's an LF1 facing the opposite way, this was a messed up auction. The buyer appears to have a good amount of feedback and has bought video games before. Weird.

Wow! 3 people willing to pay >$300 for the Dreadnaught Factor Activision patch with letter, and I didn't recognize any of the top bidders.

(sorry, haven't figured out an easy way to post links on my phone. Speaking of which, anyone prefer Tapatalk for Android over the standard mobile site? I haven't tried Tapatalk - someone sell me or deter me).

As an Atari 2600 collector and with over 4,000 different cartridges in Brazil I have say the stuff over there is way too expensive. Almost everything is overpriced and there are no good payment options.

If someone in Brazil would make all those games globally available at fair prices he could make a lot of money.

Brazil is a special market for videogames, I think your imagination to offer the games cheap is a bit simplified. Anyway, Liduario was just talking about brazilian exklusivs, the rest is Ebay.com stuff, especially if you remember the strong Euro (1 Dollar is about 0.75 Euro at the moment).

Brazil is a special market for videogames, I think your imagination to offer the games cheap is a bit simplified. Anyway, Liduario was just talking about brazilian exklusivs, the rest is Ebay.com stuff, especially if you remember the strong Euro (1 Dollar is about 0.75 Euro at the moment).

The Euro was strong 10 years ago. ;-)

The income in Brazil is still a lot less than in the USA or Western Europe, with an average income of $12,690.

You'd expect that prices reflect that. There are thousand of pirate Atari cartridges in Brazil but they are offered at ridiculous prices.

I can get the Taiwan pirate cartridges that were sold in Europe for 5 bucks here, so I don't see why I should pay 20 bucks for a pirate cartridge in Brazil.

Edited by Andre81

But whats about the custom fees? That is the big problem, just remember that the Playstation 2 was launched in Brazil 2009 for around 300€

I am not from Brazil, but I could imagine that games are pretty rare and thats why very expensive. Maybe Liduario can tell us if retro games would cost these expensive custom fees too.

• Like 1