IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I noticed it, but passed. I already have it and don't need more. It's a good deal for someone who doesn't mind the label and is looking for a copy to play. Figuring in shipping, it's priced a little lower than typical loose carts ($40-60), but about right considering the label and overseas shipping risk. I have had great dealings with the seller before, though.

Figuring in shipping, it's priced a little lower than typical loose carts ($40-60), but about right considering the label and overseas shipping risk. I have had great dealings with the seller before, though.

Have you had any problems with items shipped from overseas? I've ordered quite a few games from the U.K,, Germany, France and even Italy but never had an issue...

Have you had any problems with items shipped from overseas? I've ordered quite a few games from the U.K,, Germany, France and even Italy but never had an issue...

I've had mostly good experiences. I bought a few things from that seller with no issues at all. Dealings with Scalpel were obviously fantastic. I did receive one thing from somewhere France or England that was shipped boxed, but the box was pretty thin and arrived kinda flattened.

The main "risk" in overseas shipping is the absence of tracking. Higher shipping costs also put pressure on sellers to ship light, which may mean thinner boxes and less packing. Then there's always customs. Like always, communication is key and be willing pay more for a better shipping experience.

• Like 1

I've overseas quite a bit but only use Ebay Global. That way I'm better covered. I won't ship to South America…or anyplace where there is any kind of political BS like stikes, war, revolution, insurgents, mule mail. If there is a chance it will take more than two weeks I won't ship because you get screwed.

Speaking of Screwed, I under NO circumstances will EVER ship to BRAZIL! I would advise NO ONE ship to Brazil.

As for buying internationally, the only problems I've had were when -I- chose cheap packaging to save on shipping costs (not the seller's fault). This resulted in only bubble-envelopes for a boxed game that arrived looking like it had been flattened with a rolling pin (i.e. the box was destroyed).

There seems to be no rhyme or reason with shipping things overseas. For example, a couple years ago I sent out two packages to AA members about the same time, one to England and one to Germany. The England package got there in a week. The German package took six. :ponder:

The problem with EBay/PayPal is that you have a limited window in which to do a chargeback, when there may be good reasons the buyer hasn't received the package yet. But EBay is so buyer friendly these days it doesn't matter, the seller gets screwed.

Still, I'll happily ship to any fellow AA member around the work (and in fact, am always ready and willing to do so for a small tip). I've shipped to the following countries with no issues (save for being slow in some cases):

Canada

Mexico

Brazil

England

Spain

Germany

Norway

Sweden

Hungary

India

Australia

Edited by SoulBlazer

For example, a couple years ago I sent out two packages to AA members about the same time, one to England and one to Germany. The England package got there in a week. The German package took six. :ponder:

I just got several packages from someone in NC, some shipped 4/6 and the other 4/17. The packages shipped later actually arrived earlier. The problem is that USPS uses whatever vehicle is available in Miami. Either the supersonic jet or the paddleboat. Unfortunately it's always gambling.

I just got several packages from someone in NC, some shipped 4/6 and the other 4/17. The packages shipped later actually arrived earlier. The problem is that USPS uses whatever vehicle is available in Miami. Either the supersonic jet or the paddleboat. Unfortunately it's always gambling.

True. And not to mention who knows what happens in customs, on both the US and the other end.

I've had a small stash of Intellivision Super Pro Football that I've been selling over the years as Brand New but no factory seal. I must have started with 10-12 of them and am down to the last 2. I noticed something different about these last two tho. There is a large piece of tape covering both the bottom and top of the box, preventing access to the cart & manual inside. I always assumed this title never had a factory sealed version based on the others I had and that IRRC they came out of a 6-pack without a seal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=191175481900&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

It's a bit hard to see the tape.

That is indeed interesting! Tower of Doom was going to be "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Revenge of the Master", eh? The Blue Sky Rangers page seems to imply it was never advertised under that name (at least in catalogs), but there it is. Looks like it was pretty far along, though I see debug info at the lower left corner.

Here's a copy of the picture, in case/for when the auction disappears:

eq1or7.jpg

• Like 1

That is indeed interesting! Tower of Doom was going to be "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Revenge of the Master", eh? The Blue Sky Rangers page seems to imply it was never advertised under that name (at least in catalogs), but there it is. Looks like it was pretty far along, though I see debug info at the lower left corner.

Here's a copy of the picture, in case/for when the auction disappears:

eq1or7.jpg

EDIT: Maybe this was passed out at the trade show?

Edited by SoulBlazer

EDIT: Maybe this was passed out at the trade show?

Maybe, but the Ebay item has an address label on the front cover, so it clearly wasn't a convention-only publication.

I don't think I've ever played Tower Of Doom...

You, sir, are missing out! It's basically a roguelike on the Intellivision, and has very sophisticated graphic and sound design, including some impressive use of subtle flicker to get colors the Inty normally can't generate. Along with Utopia, Tower of Doom (or at least my memory of it) was my main reason for picking up an Intellivision back in 2009.

Maybe, but the Ebay item has an address label on the front cover, so it clearly wasn't a convention-only publication.

You, sir, are missing out! It's basically a roguelike on the Intellivision, and has very sophisticated graphic and sound design, including some impressive use of subtle flicker to get colors the Inty normally can't generate. Along with Utopia, Tower of Doom (or at least my memory of it) was my main reason for picking up an Intellivision back in 2009.

I just realized I don't have it. Is it available in cart, or is it only in the IntellivisionLives! Collection?

I suspect in that case that the catalog was mailed out to companies and vendors that were going to be attending the Winter CES -- see where it says that you can find Mattell Electronics at booth such and such? So this would still be part of the 'trade show' mentioned on the BSR page. Although I wouldn't call the CES a 'trade show'. :)

Hi Jasonlikesintv & dZ,

If you don't have or haven't played Tower of Doom I encourage you to give it a try. I remember getting it in 1987 when 1st came out and it really is a nicely done game with several adventures you can play (I believe 9 or 10 different ones) - an excellent game to complete the AD&D Trilogy! Give it a shot and share your thoughts, but this is a good one as was stated by many others! Have fun!