IGNORED

modern games ported to the 2600

toptenmaterial

someone should take a demanding title and port it.

If you want it, then that someone should be you :ponder:

I am wondering how that is done today with homebrew. do programmers use a pc and write in basic?

All your answers are in the programming forum. I think that if you spent a few hours in there just browsing around, you'd have an idea of what is being done and what tools are out there.

• Like 1

someone should take a demanding title and port it.

If you want it, then that someone should be you :ponder:

I am wondering how that is done today with homebrew. do programmers use a pc and write in basic?

All your answers are in the programming forum. I think that if you spent a few hours in there just browsing around, you'd have an idea of what is being done and what tools are out there.

thanks, i will.

I think 'porting' may be a misleading and, at least under my definition of porting, impossible task. But if I understand your idea correctly and we're actually talking about a re-imagining of modern titles, then I think that the idea is fascinating.

Just look at what Ed Fried did with 'Halo 2600'!

well you are right, you couldn't do a straight port. but a reimagining would be cool. i saw a comical video on youtube entitled "Grand Theft Auto Intellivision". It's obviously goofy, but I think that the creative potential is limitless. After all, I think most retro gamers pay tribute to classic and iconic franchises, this being a prime example.

I think 'porting' may be a misleading and, at least under my definition of porting, impossible task. But if I understand your idea correctly and we're actually talking about a re-imagining of modern titles, then I think that the idea is fascinating.

Just look at what Ed Fried did with 'Halo 2600'!

well you are right, you couldn't do a straight port. but a reimagining would be cool. i saw a comical video on youtube entitled "Grand Theft Auto Intellivision". It's obviously goofy, but I think that the creative potential is limitless. After all, I think most retro gamers pay tribute to classic and iconic franchises, this being a prime example.

That GTA for INTV video was pretty funny.

Well, GTA4 would wind up very similar to GTA 1 & 2, and I imagine Mario Galaxy would wind up something like Space War or Gravity War or any of those old PC games where you'd try to sling a projectile around a body's gravitational field.

Now get to work, toptenmaterial.

Ok, I'll start reading.....