IGNORED

which Atari 7800 games are good starters?

hyper ultra tails

Hey guys I'm new here. I'm a retro gamer and i love Atari!.

anyways are there any good starter games for 7800? I'm bidding on one and i know I'm going to bid for this mint Atari 7800 donkey Kong but are there other starter games.

now I'm talking about official games and not the self published one's here on Atari age store since isn't that illegal? :ponder:

anyways are there any good starter games for 7800? I'm bidding on one and i know I'm going to bid for this mint Atari 7800 donkey Kong but are there other starter games.

now I'm talking about official games and not the self published one's here on Atari age store since isn't that illegal? :ponder:

Selling Self Published games isn't illegal. Microsoft had no issue of Halo 2600 being sold because Microsoft gave okay to Ed Fries for creating the game and have Atariage sell it from the Atari 2600 from a legal standpoint. Adventure 2 for Atari 5200 wasn't released illegal because the author was given the legal okay to do the game and release it.

There are right 2 non trademark games for the Atari 7800 that being sold by Atariage. There is no legal issues as a result.

Business law was one of the classes I took for getting my accounting degree back in 2000 and I passed the class. That means I have an understanding of business law and that includes contracts, copyrights and trademarks.

Selling Self Published games isn't illegal. Microsoft had no issue of Halo 2600 being sold because Microsoft gave okay to Ed Fries for creating the game and have Atariage sell it from the Atari 2600 from a legal standpoint. Adventure 2 for Atari 5200 wasn't released illegal because the author was given the legal okay to do the game and release it.

There are right 2 non trademark games for the Atari 7800 that being sold by Atariage. There is no legal issues as a result.

Business law was one of the classes I took for getting my accounting degree back in 2000 and I passed the class. That means I have an understanding of business law and that includes contracts, copyrights and trademarks.

oh ok thanks for clearing that up ;)

any ways back on subject..

I own an Atari 7800 since I got it as a Christmas gift in 1989.

In terms of starting starting out, I would say Dig Dug, Centipede, Joust Mario Bros., Ballblaser, Asteroids, Food Fight, Ms. Pac-man, Tower Toppler, one-one Basketball and Xevious from a starters stand point.

I do recommend getting Commando, Rampage, Midnight Mutants, and Rampage. Those 4 games are not as cheap as the ones I recommend starting out.

Edited by 8th lutz

I own an Atari 7800 since I got it as a Christmas gift in 1989.

In terms of starting starting out, I would say Dig Dug, Centipede, Joust Mario Bros., Ballblaser, Asteroids, Food Fight, Ms. Pac-man, Tower Toppler, one-one Basketball and Xevious from a starters stand point.

I do recommend getting Commando, Rampage, Midnight Mutants, and Rampage. Those 4 games are not as cheap as the ones I recommend starting out.

xevious is like a overhead gradius right?

othen that i agree with you on centipede,mario brod,ms pacman,asteroids