IGNORED

phaxda's Blog - So I went to this estate sale...

RSS Bot

It was very close to my apartment, just a short trip across the quiet shady street on which I live.

As I mentioned in my previous post, the guy was a total music nut. They used to play fiddle and guitar and all kinds of stuff.

Long story short, I spent a LOT of money. I could have purchased quite a few video games/systems, we are talking in the range of a couple of PS3 systems.

But the thing is, it was all one system and it was all high end and it deserved to stay together. And I will keep it together.

The good thing is, my search for audio gear is OVER. I'm done, as this is about as good as it gets. It's kind of like when I completed my Atari 5200 collection, it was like, OK, I am OUT.

I now own a new receiver, turntable, cd player, reel-to-reel and two sets of Bower and Wilkins speakers (aka B&Ws) that blow away any of the mid-fi stuff I currently own. I am going to sell everything I have now and make it back and then some though because the stuff I have...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/blog/104/entry-7755-so-i-went-to-this-estate-sale/