IGNORED

Starmaster on a 7800 and new flat LCD TV questions

Dtshifter

I just recently bought a used 7800 console and stared picking up 7800 and 2600 cartridges everywhere I can find them for sale. After some replacing the power, pause, reset select microswitches, cleaning all connections, rebuilding the potentiometers on the paddles and rigging a failing fire button everything works perfect except I can't play Activision Starmaster if my 7800 is connected to a modern flat screen TV. On newer TVs the vertical hold will not stay, the image rolls on the screen. If I connect it to an old CRT TV it is fine. I thought maybe I had a PAL version of the game so I picked up two other Starmaster cartridges from other sources and they do the same thing. I have a couple questions for the experts here. Is there any way to tell if a Activision cartridge is NTSC (for USA use) by looking at the label? If no, then are non NTSC cartridges in the USA that common that three in a row were from another country? Last question is there a known issue with Activision Starmaster cartridges for the 2600 when played on a 7800 with a modern TV? Every other Atari or Activision game cartridge I try works fine. Thanks for any answers!

Thanks!

Dtshifter

I can answer the last part, I play all my games through a modern LCD using a 7800 and I've never had a problem with any of my games, including starmaster. All of your starmaster games have the same problem (vertical scroll)? :ponder:

I've read on older threads here that rolling screens are a sign of PAL..

OK I gave up on using a newer TV. New question with the same hardware and game; I have no color / black and white switch on a 7800, is there a way to bring up the star chart so I can warp to other locations or must I really have a 2600 system to play Starmaster?

John

OK I gave up on using a newer TV. New question with the same hardware and game; I have no color / black and white switch on a 7800, is there a way to bring up the star chart so I can warp to other locations or must I really have a 2600 system to play Starmaster?

John

Try one of the difficulty switches, I forget which one it is.

Mitch

John

Try one of the difficulty switches, I forget which one it is.

Mitch

I thought it was the pause button, but I have memory issues.